Absolutely no help from Shenandoah today! I brought her inside to give her some treats, but no…. Oh no…. She wants to run around the kitchen, kick over her food bowl and water dish. She’s gone mad I tell you! (I’m thinking that she’s going broody) or that she’s just being a beeyitch :eek: so I let her go back outside.

508B352F-8E3A-4678-9369-F042F3B8449B.jpeg

Good morning friends of chickens!

How can such a regal lady be so mean😟 ?
I didn't forget her ! I'm going to make a very unpopular statement but polish and silkies are not for me. She is definitely gorgeous, and there are a number of beautiful birds of these breeds on the thread. I love seeing photos of them and reading about their story, but at other's people places- kind of like human babies 🙂.

I'm so sorry to read this, and really hope that you and your family will be well and that things will sort themselves out.

We all understand that however much we love BYC and your thread , real life comes first, always 💚.

I can relate. Everytime I leave I think I'm getting a tiny taste of what separation anxiety must be like for parents that see their kids go to school for the first time ! And with your three remaining girls especially, but don't worry- much like kids at school, I expect they will be just fine while you fret for them .

In good news : Piou-piou is definitely morphing away from being a chick, and I'm 95% sure a pullet !
View attachment 3273988
I personally take no offense and respect your opinion. In fact, it may surprise you that as of May of last year I despised silkies. I thought of them as ugly and weird alien looking chickens. Rosie desperately wanted them from the moment she decided she wanted chickens and I resisted for years. Gradually every excuse I had not to get silkies vanished and then I was asked by a neighbor and friend to test her silkie's fertility before she started offering up hatching eggs. I begrudgingly agreed but firmly stated I was not keeping them. 2 weeks in and I was smitten. 4 months in and little Branch and Poppy were firmly ingrained in my heart as well as the love of the breed and the rest is history.
Little Piou-piou is stunning, she looks like my 2 red girls and I also agree that she looks like a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom