Two-fer Tuesday:
A pair in a tree?
IMG_2248[1].JPG

Hey, I think she is going to steal us from this tree!
Nah, she wouldn't do that, this is a GREAT roosting spot!
Maybe she wants it for herself?
Really? I can't see her getting her fluffy butt up here! :gig
Yeah, I guess not!
Oh, no...she took Mr. Mr., I think we are next!
Noooo, Noooo, this is the BEST spot....I don't want to go back to the coooooopppp, ...Maaaaa!

Two-fer Tuesday:
A pair in a tree?
View attachment 3336587
Yeah, I guess not!
Noooo, Noooo, this is the BEST spot....I don't want to go back to the coooooopppp, ...Maaaaa!
“I don’t know about you two, but I’m staying right up here inside with my daddy tonight.” 66603475-3640-4FD8-8D27-EB4A1452FA69.jpeg

I'm considering making each 2 pages. One side a is. The other with the "refrain" and the other chicken with Gucci. That way the book opens wide with an illustration on each side. What do you think of that?
Actually that is exactly how I pictured it could be done but I didn't want to get too pushy or editorial about it!

There's enough action/thought in each verse to hold it's own page. The refrain is this beautiful repeating motif with a slight difference or two that's got it's own thing going on too and deserves it's own page.

OK so here's my other thought. Kids (and older kids like me) enjoy finding interesting things in pictures beyond the main subject. So I think of the general page treatment & backgrounds. This is where the artist could have nice input and illustrate your ideas. Could be a special theme each verse and refrain might have. Could be flowers framing a picture, or plants or trees in there, the grass, or the Hut or Hattie House or other features. Even dusty specks floating in warm rays of sunshine. Something that gives context for each action/thought.

And the sisters - one Blonde and one Brunette. Which do you think has more fun on the coop roof top??? (They are about 7+' high here...I have to step on an upturned bucket to get them down.)
Brunette on the left, Blonde on the right. The color difference is more obvious in person.View attachment 3336591
You should be getting hazard pay!

Two-fer Tuesday:
A pair in a tree?
View attachment 3336587
Yeah, I guess not!
Brats! hahahaha 🥰

And the sisters - one Blonde and one Brunette. Which do you think has more fun on the coop roof top??? (They are about 7+' high here...I have to step on an upturned bucket to get them down.)
Brunette on the left, Blonde on the right. The color difference is more obvious in person.View attachment 3336591
I was glancing quickly through these and thought it was the start of a blonde joke... :lau

Back
Top Bottom