Need pics of the other 3 sides WhoDat. And a chicken for scale!

It looks nice and airy. A bit splintery though. Will they be using those ladders for perches?
It is a joke 😆 .... wanted to see if I could fool yall! Just more chicken decor for me.... I know... I’m 10 :oops:
C03E7764-0EDB-4578-87A3-397B4F0D7231.jpeg

People do. I have no idea how they get them to eat it. Getting the heavy moulters here to eat any commercial food worth talking about is a mission.
Mine eat quite normally during their molt. I do not see a drop off in appetite. At least not so far. :confused:

Hi Bob!
And all of you my little girls are learning to perch. We raised it up even higher today when we did our good animal husbandry chores and cleaned out the good ole chick poop. They were so happy to munch away on some dried meal and worms while I held them captive in a plastic storage tote. I thought I would include some pics for you of them at three weeks. They are growing so fast and I can’t get over how attached I have become to some chickens. I would never have thought but I do love all animals I just have never experienced birds before for myself as ownership. I love them. I believe this is Thelma and Louise on the perch. These are two of the Swedish Flower Hens
I hope you all have a great start to your week!
Take care!
PamView attachment 2172614
Chicks are so adorable and yours especially so. I just love seeing them. :love

It's amazing how quickly they want to roost.

I've been thinking about this old post of Mr Bob's.

I've noticed Mary has taken up sentinel duty since Janet's eye troubles started. Sometimes Mary deputises Peggy, but Ivy is not considered a good candidate for sentinal duty.

Is it still Hattie's role at Fluffy Butt Acres?
Hattie is still primary Sentinel but I have seen her hand the task off to Aurora quite a bit lately. What haven't been able to determine is who is on sentinel duty when Hattie and Aurora are both laying at the same time which happens a lot. It seems like Lilly takes the flock under the magnolia tree when they are both gone.

Screenshot_20200602-103020_Arlo.jpg

Other Birds Like Chicken Feed Too

I had a feeder that left out in the rain and the feed got wet so I opened it up and set it in the sun for them to eat the extra morning before i tossed it out. This little enterprising cat bird decided try the food out. They seemed to like it. I really like its little toupee. I wonder if that's where Knock gets her toupee?

20200602_112140.jpg

Mine eat quite normally during their molt. I do not see a drop off in appetite. At least not so far. :confused:
Lots do eat normally apparently. I don't know the heavy moulters here can't do the same. It's a bit worrying when they don't seem to be getting enough to eat.

Back
Top Bottom