Sold Out...

That is what I am getting from all the hatcheries with the breeds that I am interested in.

I even checked out McMurrays! Sold out on the birds I am interested in....

Not looking promising on the chick front :(

Back to checking out Performance Poultry in Ontario, at the Welbars....
OK so... at Performance Poultry:

Welbars ('cause I love a barred pattern and dark eggs), and Cream Brabanter (I do so love a chicken with spikey hairdos - as much as wattles - which they don't have BTW); Legbars are not available (what a shocker); and to round out the dark egg layers some Barnvelders who's feathers I love with the dark and light pattern :); maybe a couple Brahma's....

Gonna need a bigger barn the rate I am going!

Sold Out...

That is what I am getting from all the hatcheries with the breeds that I am interested in.

I even checked out McMurrays! Sold out on the birds I am interested in....

Not looking promising on the chick front :(

Back to checking out Performance Poultry in Ontario, at the Welbars....
Maybe they will hatch more later in the season?

In AZ we call them Boat tailed Grackles
In TX we call them Annoying. :lau

After two hours and 45 minutes we have a result!
It is pale minty blue green. It is 45 grams, and is the first egg laid in The Chicken Palace for a very long time.
She went a bit overboard on the calcium so it has a gritty texture from lots of tiny calcium deposits.
She was the only one who did not sing the egg song - both Eli and Bernie were shouting up a storm, and by the time she was done I was joining in too.
Taking a good picture with her and her egg was hard as the other two wanted to take credit for the egg and kept crowding in. And all Babs wanted to do was rehydrate.
But here goes - please celebrate with me!

View attachment 3398561View attachment 3398562View attachment 3398563View attachment 3398565View attachment 3398566View attachment 3398567
Congrats!! Great job Babs! 💜

Joining the egg party with two new layers today. Brownie laid her first chocolate egg and either snicker or doodle laid a blue-green egg.

The four we got today I washed to see the colors so they are the shiny ones in the basket.

View attachment 3398709
Gorgeous eggs.

Back
Top Bottom