You are correct and I posted a correction. I think my brain had taken a short vacation.
Well I hope it was only a short vacation as I may need it back!
You and me both have a braincation - I have had a migraine all day, too much chocolate not to mention the crazy weather. Makes me have a foggy brain…. Now where did that box of chocolates go….?

Rose
6A9B44EC-40A7-4F46-89B7-2057FB487051.png

That second to last pic is quite glamorous, wonderful and mysterious lighting, she's a movie star ⭐
View attachment 3434681
What is her name?
Def a POW-worthy pic!
Thanks - I love her glaring look, I would say she has been listening to HRH Aurora! I woke her when I put everyone up for the night 😊

Fluffy - broody???

Maybe…. at least thinking about it I am sure. She laid her egg in the box I placed her in, and then moved to the bottom nestbox were I found her this evening when I put everyone to bed for the night. I went to check under her for an egg and she did that wiggle thing to settle back down on the nest box.

I made sure she was comfy and settled everyone for the night. Will know more in the morning - if she decides to join everyone for breakfast!

Fluffy - broody???

Maybe…. at least thinking about it I am sure. She laid her egg in the box I placed her in, and then moved to the bottom nestbox were I found her this evening when I put everyone to bed for the night. I went to check under her for an egg and she did that wiggle thing to settle back down on the nest box.

I made sure she was comfy and settled everyone for the night. Will know more in the morning - if she decides to join everyone for breakfast!
What ya having for breakfast? If it’s something good :drool maybe I should join you?:old

Fluffy - broody???

That might explain the fight. The only time that I have experienced smack down fights with my lovely ladies has been when someone was broody.

Yes, but hollow-ish in the center. There is a hard-ish, live 'quick' in the center - that bleeds just like nicking the quick in a toe. (I know because one of my roos, in a 'battle' knocked off part of his spur once - he later knocked the whole spur off! It was held on by one little bit of skin and dangling - I cut it off so it didn't keep banging the 'spur bed' and keep making it bleed.) I think of the spurs as being more like a cow's horn, though. Very tough, hard outer coating, but the center is still living and growing. If your toe-nails were as thick as his spur (and conical - which gives them even more strength), they would be just as hard to cut, too!
I have to ask, on the subject of spurs, has anyone ever removed them? I saw several of these videos and is seems a bit brutal, if simple. Thoughts?
I didn't get any fluffy butt pics today. Too cold! (Not cold at all compared to where some of you are.) But here's my green chicken for St Patrick's Day!
20230311_125925.jpg

Back
Top Bottom