Yes. I wasn't very clear, sorry, thinking too vaguely and I was mixing issues together. I know that about viruses and antibiotics. It was more about the commercial practices in general having any affect or not.

The last thing was an association in my mind between measles/shingles and Marek's and Newcastle, viruses that affect nerves, and are very separate from any bacterial diseases.
Trust me, shingles do affect nerves 😬
I’m not in the greatest of moods , and even Jaffar doesn’t want to be around me. I’m thinking spring is coming and he’s protecting his ladies. But he doesn’t have to bite my ankles! :barnie

Trust me, shingles do affect nerves 😬
I’m not in the greatest of moods , and even Jaffar doesn’t want to be around me. I’m thinking spring is coming and he’s protecting his ladies. But he doesn’t have to bite my ankles! :barnie
The virus that causes Marek’s is the same family of viruses as the one that causes Shingles (and chickenpox) in people.
They are both herpes viruses.
Herpes viruses can hang around in the body for forever and cause issues later. In people that is shingles rashes in chickens it is the tumors of Marek’s.
Sorry you aren’t in a good mood Alex - generally spring is something to feel good about even if you do have a roo biting your ankles.

Last edited:
Well I went to the emergency room. Nothing they could see. So I do have to call my digestive dr monday and get in.
Meanwhile......2 silkies have hatched! A buff and a blue! They are so cute.
I'm so sorry to hear that. I had hoped that they could help. :hugs :hugs

Tax
Sansa looking to see what was on the other side of the fence.
20200414_083432.jpg

Fluffy - broody???

Maybe…. at least thinking about it I am sure. She laid her egg in the box I placed her in, and then moved to the bottom nestbox were I found her this evening when I put everyone to bed for the night. I went to check under her for an egg and she did that wiggle thing to settle back down on the nest box.

I made sure she was comfy and settled everyone for the night. Will know more in the morning - if she decides to join everyone for breakfast!
Well, now, Buttercup was in the nest box all growling at me when I went to see what as under her; if she went broody that would solve my problem of the chicks in one fell swoop! I am sure she would be big enough to cover 10 chicks 💕💗 of course an hr later she had laid her egg and trotted out to see what everyone was up to

:confused:

Not sure what to do with the eggs I have been collecting, I am certainly not going to put them in an incubator, so if no one decides to go broody by next weekend then into the sales eggs they will go. I am getting an awesome collection of beautiful eggs here. Especially from Sophia! And one from Blanche that I would love to hatch out - have some time to see about Blanche's egg - another week. We shall see what happens.

Rizo just laid an egg while sitting on my Japanese bantam. Gabby kept going under her wing and on top of her, trying to figure out where to lay an egg. Eventually, Rizo just decided it would be easier to sit on her.

I do have a video of this! I’ll try to remember to post it here later.
That will be must see TV!

I'm so sorry to hear that. I had hoped that they could help. :hugs :hugs

Tax
Sansa looking to see what was on the other side of the fence. View attachment 3435726
Nothing to see over there - move along.... hahaha.

One good thing with the snow still on the ground here, my kiddos haven't been escaping to my neighbour's !! So did you even get any snow this winter? what's with this crazy weather? And is it tied to my crazy nutty hens lately - they sure weren't this bad last Spring - though maybe they were younger and didn't know any better. But is seems that Dorothy and Blanche especially are just plain evil this Spring...

Hmmm wonder if they have been going on BeakBook again reading tips & tricks from HRH Aurora! I will need to change my password I see.

Yes. I wasn't very clear, sorry, thinking too vaguely and I was mixing issues together. I know that about viruses and antibiotics. It was more about the commercial practices in general having any affect or not.

The last thing was an association in my mind between measles/shingles and Marek's and Newcastle, viruses that affect nerves, and are very separate from any bacterial diseases.
Marek's does not always present neurological. It can also cause a lymphoma of sorts. I do not have all of my reference materials with me. PM me if you want to know more and I can respond when I'm back home with all my reference materials.

The mention of Mareks in Legertha's necropsy was due to the presence of what could have been Marek's presenting itself as a lymphoma.

Back
Top Bottom