So, I said goodnight to the guinea. He was being super sweet.
He tried running out of the cage, but besides that he is being well behaved.
I do like that guinea.
I put some shaving and pellets that turn into shaving when in contact with water into his cage.
He is putting more pressure on his foot. It is very cold here tonight, at a chilly 35 degrees.
I made sure to put a bunch of blankets around the cage for him

Your chickens look really happy in these pictures. I would love to do something like this for my chickens. We built a coop for them a year ago and provide them with the option of either free range or just chilling in the kennel. I have 9 barred rock hens and 1 barred rock rooster. They are really friendly and will chase me whenever I decide to walk around the yard.
That's wonderful. We would love to see photos of them.

Good afternoon everyone. My luck has ran out. I had been fortunate not to get sick the last few times Rosie came down with something. Yesterday it hit me like a ton of bricks. I caught her crud. I may make it out to gather eggs, I may not.
Oh no. I hope you feel better soon. :hugs

According to my incubator the eggs have 11 days left. I decided to take a peak at them. The marans eggs, cannot tell a thing. I always have issues with them until lockdown. I did have better luck with the lighter colored eggs. I am happy to report I saw 2 dancing Butter babies, 3 dancing cochins and possibly veining in the goose egg. I will check them again when I remove the turner in a week. I think 2 of the cochins are no good, but I am also on meds right now and do not want to pull a good egg accidently. Truth be told, seeing as I have such trouble with the cochin girls I am the happiest that Perdita will have siblings. I am telling myself I am not keeping any, I am not. But darn it if I get a blue cochin mix I could be in trouble.

According to my incubator the eggs have 11 days left. I decided to take a peak at them. The marans eggs, cannot tell a thing. I always have issues with them until lockdown. I did have better luck with the lighter colored eggs. I am happy to report I saw 2 dancing Butter babies, 3 dancing cochins and possibly veining in the goose egg. I will check them again when I remove the turner in a week. I think 2 of the cochins are no good, but I am also on meds right now and do not want to pull a good egg accidently. Truth be told, seeing as I have such trouble with the cochin girls I am the happiest that Perdita will have siblings. I am telling myself I am not keeping any, I am not. But darn it if I get a blue cochin mix I could be in trouble.
Oh yes you absolutely need to keep a sister for the lovely Perdita 🥰❤️

Ok so you are getting your wish to see Marty x Mr P babies. The young ladies were I keep the horses when away, want a dozen of my silkie eggs to hatch out. I will also pop in a couple of Blanches and Sophia’s eggs, and a couple Marty’s for myself to see what I get- likely all rootin tootin roos - she will pop them into the bator next weekend that will coincide with my getting the other chicks.

Someone should be broody by then - if not I will just force them all onto Henny Penny haha! 16 chicks means I really need about 3 broodies. I don’t think 2 silkies can cover 8 babes.

Also, really nice having the horses home, gives me something other than the chooks to look at when my RLS is keeping me awake
Reenie all snazzy in her stable blankie
BB881B1D-9DCD-4504-9E29-916932BA7C4C.png

Back
Top Bottom