It was. I didn’t even notice i left the door open but apparently they were waiting for their moment to strike.
Too funny!

I remember long long ago, a friend and I went riding, I must not have closed the kitchen door properly, we came back to her house with a good dozen hens roaming her kitchen, dining room, and living room 😳

That needed a lot of pooped cleaned up!

Good afternoon everyone ( or morning depending where you are!)
I'm just popping in to share some thirsty pictures, as I haven't posted in a long time.
I certainly hope that you will stay on BYC @BY Bob even if you are really angry against social media. As long as you still enjoy posting about your chickens and hosting this wonderful thread, it would be very sad to give it up.

Youtube belongs to Google. If it would be very easy for me to boycott YT, doing without Gmail and Google photos would feel more difficult, all the more as I have accumulated a lot of data.
I also use Brave and Adblock browser and Tor on my computer.

Théo and his three funny ladies.
IMG_20230325_133654.jpg

Brune and Nougat
IMG_20230325_133718.jpg

Cannelle and Merle drinking some herbal tea this morning
IMG_20230330_100511.jpg
IMG_20230330_100515.jpg

IMG_20230330_093007.jpg
IMG_20230330_092955.jpg

Good afternoon everyone ( or morning depending where you are!)
I'm just popping in to share some thirsty pictures, as I haven't posted in a long time.
I certainly hope that you will stay on BYC @BY Bob even if you are really angry against social media. As long as you still enjoy posting about your chickens and hosting this wonderful thread, it would be very sad to give it up.

Youtube belongs to Google. If it would be very easy for me to boycott YT, doing without Gmail and Google photos would feel more difficult, all the more as I have accumulated a lot of data.
I also use Brave and Adblock browser and Tor on my computer.

Théo and his three funny ladies.
View attachment 3448892
Brune and Nougat
View attachment 3448893

Cannelle and Merle drinking some herbal tea this morning
View attachment 3448894View attachment 3448897
View attachment 3448895View attachment 3448896
Such beauties and beautiful vistas 🥰

I had wondered were my cinnamon girl had got to, but was afraid to ask, glad she is doing good.

I second the statement regarding staying with BYC, I am enjoying hearing about Bob’s chooks and of course everyone else’s too.

Missing! Oh no!

That darn Buttercup, she is going to give me a stroke! I dont know how long she was outside, likely almost an hour, it was when I did a head count I noticed I only had 12… who’s missing? Well of course it’s Buttercup!

I grabbed some scratch grain, oh how I so happy I have them conditioned to come running for food, but no Buttercup, now frantically I went out the back looking around n Mount Poopmore, around the back, nope, run to the front, open the door and there she was outside the run, of course she must have heard the rattling of the food bowl so she came running.

I let her in, scolded her and gave everyone some grain; I cannot wait to get the run finished so she can’t get out.

Who knew chickens were such a worry! I told her all about Phyllis and how she was being a good hood hen looking for nest sites, not off gallivanting looking for treasures, I told Buttercup she needed to be getting broody to raise up some chicks. She pooped in front of me and ran off to eat - guess she told me!

Update: The Dr did a quick check and our hen is stable. She texted and let us know she's stable and asked about the splint. I replied that although we didn't feel a fracture her leg is dangling freely at the knee so we suspect ligament damage. Hopefully she gets a good look in the morning and comes back with good news. 🙏
Good news! It is a fracture. They will splint the leg and Lety can pick her up in a few hours. 😁

2nd Test Video
Same deal. Could someone check and let me know if this works.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvwk6gilah1jzu3/20180728_185949.mp4?dl=0
Yes but had to beat my way through declining to sign in to Dropbox and then accept cookies and “continue with web” version instead of getting the Dropbox app. Also, when it played, there were two small blue lines animating a small square on the picture right in the middle.
Seems to be opposite of others experience?

Last edited:
Couple of views on the way home make the snow worth it
20230327_170206.jpg
20230327_170215.jpg

On the otherhand...yesterday's "spring showers" (snow, mostly melting on impact) turned into this
20230330_071313.jpg
20230330_071408.jpg

And...
20230327_165536.jpg
The recommended speed limit sign is buried...this is a new one for me. Also means good snowpack on the heights. As long as it melts slowly, we'll be in great shape this summer.

Work decided this week was a great time to start the exterior remodel....
20230330_094210.jpg
Corporate is none too bright about this..

Back
Top Bottom