Goodnight Pentagonists
It is time they started roosting - they have almost outgrown the bigger cardboard tray.
I think that is Pooh that sleeps with her head hanging down like Mr.P.

B30BBCA8-5EEE-42F9-8D2D-B06F92807865.jpeg
86AE6E6F-BCCE-44E7-A819-440D2367A853.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh also: seeing the bumblefoot up there reminded me:
Anyone have any advice on how to deal with getting rid of the bumblefoot? Dominica and a few of the others have it. Going to give them a Epsom foot soak. They will love it as much as the butt cleanings I gave them. :rolleyes:
How long should I soak them for?

Oh also: seeing the bumblefoot up there reminded me:
Anyone have any advice on how to deal with getting rid of the bumblefoot? Dominica and a few of the others have it. Going to give them a Epsom foot soak. They will love it as much as the butt cleanings I gave them. :rolleyes:
How long should I soak them for?
Lower your roosts and lots of softwood shavings to make a soft ground.

You will need to use a protective bandage for their feet. I am sure there are lots of info on BYC for this, so a search and see.

Lower your roosts and lots of softwood shavings to make a soft ground.

You will need to use a protective bandage for their feet. I am sure there are lots of info on BYC for this, so a search and see.
Can't lower the roost unless we smash the prefab coop to bits and pieces and build a new coop.
We use straw as a bedding. They sometimes get mad at it.
Maybe I will go and ask Shad. He might just brush me off for thinking a feather duster is a chicken though.

On the topic of ticks - I sprayed my shirt with the permethrin spray as per I think it was @GregnLety's suggestion. But I found a tick wandering happily on the arm of the shirt.
Isn't that spray supposed to kill them on contact?
I hung the shirt in the shower in the evening and sprayed it so it dried overnight.
So now I am back to being all paranoid about the ticks!
I don't know that it kills them on contact but I've never seen one on any clothing that I sprayed with permethrin. That being said, when I use it I thoroughly drench the clothing with it.

Back
Top Bottom