Two emergencies. :he:barnie
My old friend sounded dreadful on the phone when I called him and I live hundreds of miles from him :( .
I called his sister who lives just as far away because I didn't have his carers number (thankfully I have now and have spoken to her) .

It was all panic stations, because his doctor is not available on a Sunday. Thank god his carer got too him and called an ambulance. He has now stabilised and up and running again. Phew that was a close call.

Then...
Princess had fleas on her this morning I was in a blind panic and my phone would not stop. I think I have dealt with the flea situation on both girls and also sorted the coup out again. It was only cleared out the other day .
They have been sprayed with powder as well as the coup and their legs done again. I've added a garlic solution into their water and mashed up egg mint and garlic for their lunch.

What a morning, why does everything happen all at once :th
Oh dear. That sounds like a bad start to a Sunday. Glad you managed to get both situations under control.
Well done. Time to relax with a cup of tea and a cat!

@RoyalChick Tick talk:

This is the stuff I use whew! It is skin safe and it does seem keep the ticks away. Hopefully the stuff you got and GregnLety recommended works and you don’t need anything more. Just in case though here is an plan B or extra layer of protection.

View attachment 3520999
Here is the deal.
You put the Permethrin stuff on your clothes - shoes, socks, pants, shirt, hat. Really soak it as @GregnLety says. One can only does five outfits so a real soaking is the right approach.
Then, use this (either as spray or lotion) on any remaining skin (lasts 13 hours).
I have the Picaridin spray - I am ordering some lotion as well when I restock my permethrin spray.
I am wearing a Permethrin soaked hoodie with Permethrin soaked long pants, socks (pants tucked into the socks) and boots. Only remaining exposed skin is neck, face and hands - all Picaridin sprayed.
Not exactly summer gear - but I feel I am at war with these little blood suckers!
I am also carrying a tick removing device in case one gets past all that!
I had to remove one that had burrowed in under my arm when I was going to bed last night - it was the devil’s own job to extract, but I got it and decapitated it. It had been in only a few hours so I don’t need a prescription.

Tick tax

30FB50C7-E34F-46F1-A1ED-677C6A602697.jpeg

Can that stuff give hallucinations?
I doubt it. But plants in the same family are the basis of Absinthe which was widely believed to be hallucinogenic and was banned in the US and some European countries.
The compound thought to be responsible is I believe also in this member of the Artemisia family, but I think the theory that Absinthe is highly hallucinogenic is probably a bit of an exaggeration.
I personally don’t like the taste of Absinthe (it tastes of anise which I don’t like) but I have tried it with no ill effects!

Hallucinogen tax: Pooh has big news to impart from her jungle adventure, but Tassels is all tuckered out and needs to nap in the sun.

CD612D66-1104-4AEF-AB0E-9B3A17D8639A.jpeg

Last edited:
Oops forgot Caturday pics
I will pay tax of course... in the form of another cat haha
And I will pay a chicken tax.

Peace
Wut do you want...?

IMG_0741.JPG
Chitta (The Big Cat, Purrcules, Hercules) He's got a lot of names but I feel like Chitta today,
Look behind you, is that a mouse?
IMG_0748.JPG
Chitta and Peace (that goes better eh?)
Hey where're you goin off to?
IMG_0749.JPG
AAANd
tax since this isn't caturday

Sir Cuckoo (yeah this's the guy who step dances for me, he still does that.)
IMG_0757.JPG

Here is the deal.
You put the Permethrin stuff on your clothes - shoes, socks, pants, shirt, hat. Really soak it as @GregnLety says. One can only does five outfits so a real soaking is the right approach.
Then, use this (either as spray or lotion) on any remaining skin (lasts 13 hours).
I have the Picaridin spray - I am ordering some lotion as well when I restock my permethrin spray.
I am wearing a Permethrin soaked hoodie with Permethrin soaked long pants, socks (pants tucked into the socks) and boots. Only remaining exposed skin is neck, face and hands - all Picaridin sprayed.
Not exactly summer gear - but I feel I am at war with these little blood suckers!
I am also carrying a tick removing device in case one gets past all that!
I had to remove one that had burrowed in under my arm when I was going to bed last night - it was the devil’s own job to extract, but I got it and decapitated it. It had been in only a few hours so I don’t need a prescription.
I make some kind of blend of essential oils and neem oil to keep the ticks away. My biggest problem is wood ticks, and the blend keeps that away. No deer ticks here it seems. You spray it on your head and behind your ears because they love behind your ears. After you take a shower apply the spray again. Tax is paid by Abeille's transformation.

I make some kind of blend of essential oils and neem oil to keep the ticks away. My biggest problem is wood ticks, and the blend keeps that away. No deer ticks here it seems. You spray it on your head and behind your ears because they love behind your ears. After you take a shower apply the spray again. Tax is paid by Abeille's transformation.
I have a mix of fractured coconut oil 45ml and 5mil of need for the cat and dog with a few drops of lavender. I don't know if this is safe for the chickens? However I've rubbed this mixture into their perches

Back
Top Bottom