You were the one crying and whining that you wanted broodies and babies. You are getting what you put into the universe.
Yep but now that I have dealt with Fluffy and Curly, then now poor Sophia, I have decided broodies are a PITA.

Buttercup beat the crap out of Sophia before I could catch her, and now Sophia is lame. She is back on her nest box but I am not going to bring her out with the others around any more; when I bring her out I will just have the tweens and school chicks around for some company if she wishes.

I checked her foot and leg and I just think it’s a sprain. Darn chicken drama, now I feel miserable for hauling her out and for not keeping a closer eye on her 😢

Gosh I love this chick she hops up on my arm, or leg when I crouched down.

C9000998-5A7F-424D-9B28-2CD8A63C42C7.jpeg

Yep but now that I have dealt with Fluffy and Curly, then now poor Sophia, I have decided broodies are a PITA.

Buttercup beat the crap out of Sophia before I could catch her, and now Sophia is lame. She is back on her nest box but I am not going to bring her out with the others around any more; when I bring her out I will just have the tweens and school chicks around for some company if she wishes.

I checked her foot and leg and I just think it’s a sprain. Darn chicken drama, now I feel miserable for hauling her out and for not keeping a closer eye on her 😢

Gosh I love this chick she hops up on my arm, or leg when I crouched down.

View attachment 3535833
For obvious reasons if I were in your shoes and could keep one of them, it would be her. Look at her face, she is clearly stating she wants to take a one way road trip to Kentucky.

I have a lot of pictures to post but this needs to be posted first. I walked to within two steps of this guy hanging out on the divider fence between Red and Stupid. This is a Copperhead, which is venemous. One of these guys cost me a $300 vet bill for my huskies. Lobo was bitten once and recovered quickly but Maya was bitten twice and took a few days. Today I put both flocks outside and worked around to where my shot would only catch the snake. Be aware as you tend your flocks!View attachment 3535827View attachment 3535828
Thankfully no seriously venomous snakes here.

Did you see my video of the snake my kiddos found? A nice Garter Snake. Here are aome
Photos.

CDC01568-955A-4508-98A2-9859B9B4C8BA.jpeg
79EAE254-457C-43C2-B9C2-FF9CA85213D6.jpeg
375C1E4C-F53B-491F-8210-E68637FE39B3.jpeg

For obvious reasons if I were in your shoes and could keep one of them, it would be her. Look at her face, she is clearly stating she wants to take a one way road trip to Kentucky.
And I could get her across the border no problem! She never makes a peep when I am holding her 😁

Look at these spikes on this one’s head, this is why I thought male.
0C59C958-3EB3-446B-95BF-10E71E925272.jpeg

These are for @RebeccaBoyd who nudged me into the dark side.

This is not just a bit of ‘peach fuzz’ there are fully formed feathers on her legs!
:th
Do I need to do anything to care for them? Do they need trimming, combing, washing?
Maybe I should tie ribbons and bells to them!
I am not sure I was ready for this stage in my chicken journey!

View attachment 3535448View attachment 3535449View attachment 3535450
She’s a beauty, she looks like my Dorothy minus the leggings ❤️

Back
Top Bottom