Thirsty Thursday
0F8DE722-1D4B-48B6-8AB8-9481ECD457D4.jpeg
E5FCFC30-AB3A-4D8E-B6B6-089ACD9EBD60.jpeg
C39FA502-D61B-4B05-84C7-FCE150F186DC.jpeg

FBDE993F-724A-41E3-9C19-E1428776F835.jpeg

Probably chicks. But it just kind of depends. I'd love those pretty jubilee chickens that are all speckled. I know there's a lady who had some chicks at a local sale this past year. But getting older pullets would be good. Better chance of them actually being pullets!

I'm pretending my boy chooks will just live a happy bachelor life. 🫣

Eenie is definitely afraid of Manny. I've seen her squeeze under the little tables we made for the chicks to hide under to get away from him. Tres is still just a youngster. I've not even heard a crow. I guess he's about 4 months now.

Yes, it's clearly just skin missing. It just looks horrible. What can I do to facilitate it???
Sorry, I’m not a veterinarian, so I don’t give advice. But I will say, that bird has a strong spirit and will survive. You need to find a way to help.

Eenie is definitely afraid of Manny. I've seen her squeeze under the little tables we made for the chicks to hide under to get away from him. Tres is still just a youngster. I've not even heard a crow. I guess he's about 4 months now.

Yes, it's clearly just skin missing. It just looks horrible. What can I do to facilitate it???
Is Eenie more afraid than before the wound? I suspect as others do that it got picked at by everyone else once blood was drawn.

Here’s good instructions in the link below on how to help skin grow back across a large wounded area, but I think it’s maybe too late for that if scar tissue is forming, and it appears you have escaped so far without infection forming, and that is a major plus. This procedure would require a lot of time and care on your part. I had been thinking of silver colloidal bandages to help keep it infection-free and moist, or antibiotic ointment + gauze pad and vet wrap. She would likely not have tolerated wrapping her neck very well either, but maybe.

She will have a featherless scar there, which may be okay anyway (think @featherhead007 ‘s Jaffar) as long as she doesn’t get picked at because of the bare spot.

However this article has some good tips for other supportive care:
https://shagbarkbantams.com/treating-wounds-and-injury-in-backyard-chickens/

Back
Top Bottom