Yes. She is quite rooster-like from what I understand of rooster behavior.
@BY Bob has met her and could help me here.
She stands very upright, she breaks up fights among the junior Princesses, she attacked the hawk that had pinned Pooh to the ground.
And then there are her special relationships. She shows mating behavior to a few favorites - Babs is her main squeeze, but she had a bit of a fling with Pooh. Without getting too graphic it is clearly different from aggression or asserting her position (which nobody challenges).
She is an interesting chicken to be sure!
View attachment 3803322
Pooh is the Cream Legbar right? If so Bernie looks very similar.

Awwlll, they are absolutely gorgeous Featherhead, what a wonderful gift they are!
Looks like we are raising chicklets at the same time ❤️
What breed are these wee ones do you know? I think I may have missed that, I am sorry if you already said.
I have no idea what they are. They were given to me in a box with no breed explanation at all. So I guess we could make it a BYC contest:
What breed of chicks did Alex get?

Wow. Thank you on the crash course in cake terminology. I make a number of different kinds of cakes but I am not sure they fit any of those descriptions!

I used to bake a marble cake but that was half chocolate and half vanilla swirled together in a Bundt pan.

So much to learn!

Baking tax: More from the lovely Piglet.
View attachment 3803294View attachment 3803295
I’m taking notes on the cake issue. They don’t teach you how to make a good cake in the police academy!

I find myself feeling stretched a bit too thin. I have a blind rooster, a tribe of very beautiful hens. With all the activities that I do outside the home, I feel worn down. I was even prompted from lay minister to deacon, and in charge of all the yards on campus at Church, (a paid position). ⛪️ because I volunteered at the right time.
Tuesday and rambling on tax:

image.jpg

I find myself feeling stretched a bit too thin. I have a blind rooster, a tribe of very beautiful hens. With all the activities that I do outside the home, I feel worn down. I was even prompted from lay minister to deacon, and in charge of all the yards on campus at Church, (a paid position). ⛪️ because I volunteered at the right time.
Tuesday and rambling on tax:

View attachment 3803452
That sounds like a rich and rewarding post-retirement life.
I don't know if congratulations on becoming a deacon are appropriate - but congratulations anyway!

Back
Top Bottom