Maggie - teaching respect for elders - 9/30
I am just wrapping up a brutal 13+ hour work day and have had very little chicken-time. Today's Maggie tribute is some thing the coop cam picked up.
Maggie says: "Get out of here and find your own food - you have to wait until I am gone before you can inherit my place at the bucket"

You go Maggie! Your time will come whipper snappers but not yet! She's still feisty! I love it.

The vernal equinox brought us the two new pullets and our first ever fairy egg. I'm assuming Hattie but I suppose Patsy could be slowing down as well.
View attachment 1710876
My Olive Egger laid 2 fairy eggs, right after she laid a 67g egg ! I'm really enjoying reading about your journey!
Here's the biggest to smallest!
67g, 50g this was actually laid after the fairy eggs, 21g & 6g The smallest looks like a tiny lime...lol
9.14-9.17  67g 50g 21g 6g.jpg

A picture to show what they look like in my egg basket!
20200918_162147.jpg

My Olive Egger laid 2 fairy eggs, right after she laid a 67g egg ! I'm really enjoying reading about your journey!
Here's the biggest to smallest!
67g, 50g this was actually laid after the fairy eggs, 21g & 6g The smallest looks like a tiny lime...lol
View attachment 2355284
A picture to show what they look like in my egg basket!
View attachment 2355250
What a beautiful assortment. I'm quite jealous. 😉

I'm reading your thread now. I'm really enjoying catching up on your flock. I'm sorry I missed it before. That crib was truly inspired.

What a beautiful assortment. I'm quite jealous. 😉

I'm reading your thread now. I'm really enjoying catching up on your flock. I'm sorry I missed it before. That crib was truly inspired.
Thank you...my girls do a good job & I love them...they were not in the plans we had for our retirement...but I'm so glad that I have them now!
The crib did work out really well...thank you!
I'm really enjoying your adventures too...I love how you have morphed from not wanting to have chickens to the real enjoyment I can see that you get from them!

Hi peeps,
So I broke down and set rat traps in the garden tonight. They are the old-fashioned spring loaded kind, so I didn’t leave them anywhere out of the garden enclosure in case my neighbor’s cat sniffed the peanut butter. I only put a tiny dab. Lexi (the dog) and I are about to go out and play chase the rat and we’ll see if we caught anything yet! During an earlier episode of Chase the Rat, I watched Lexi chase one out if DH’s junk heap and saw it run under the house, as if thad’s its safe spot. I closed off that access point and will get more traps for under the house.

Back
Top Bottom