Maggie and friends
I know there are many funnier pictures of this phenomenon, and unfortunately it shows how I need to finish up run#1 of the Chicken Palace which is looking like a construction site, but I love how they all rush out when I open the door from inside, and then realize I stayed inside and all turn around and come back in.
Something about my chickens on their ladder always makes me smile and Maggie is still full of beans.
Well, that was a short day!!! :lau

It happens everytime. Sometimes when stretching her wings and flapping, as chickens will do, she actually becomes airborne. She seems surprised everytime it happens. 🤣
Just been watching Barking Bracket do the broody leap and the shake. She's completely mad! She rushes about all puffed up and clucking like mad. She doesn't scare anyone.:lol:
Shame I can't take a decent video. It's very funny to watch. She does stay the right way up though.:D

Maggie - teaching respect for elders - 9/30
I am just wrapping up a brutal 13+ hour work day and have had very little chicken-time. Today's Maggie tribute is some thing the coop cam picked up.
Maggie says: "Get out of here and find your own food - you have to wait until I am gone before you can inherit my place at the bucket"

I'm pleased to see she's holding her position. When Blue Spot was dying she kept her place right up to the end.

Well, OK then! I must bring up the 2nd peanut butter incident. :oops: I WAS indeed thinking "Wait - wasn't there something with peanut butter on it that drove the chickens crazy before this?" Then there were no comments about that. I was left doubting my own sanity. How can I be the only one to remember that? But I have a theory!

It must be because it's fresher, reading the posts faster than they would have been laid down in real-time. So of course I instantly recalled a previous peanut butter incident. But I think there's more to it. It must be that there's a sort of time compression, and in effect I'm not actually aging while I catch up, not as fast as you and everyone else going along this thread in real time. Of course I will eventually age to the same degree, but that will happen MUCH LATER in the posts: in the future actually. Those of us catching up on this thread are in effect YOUNGER than everyone here we're reading, and our minds are still sharp! :gig This will last until we catch up to the present posts, according to this theory. That, however, as @drstratton said, will be many, many many.....so many days in the future. :old
I need to think about this.:hmm I'll get back to you in a couple of years.

Maggie and friends
I know there are many funnier pictures of this phenomenon, and unfortunately it shows how I need to finish up run#1 of the Chicken Palace which is looking like a construction site, but I love how they all rush out when I open the door from inside, and then realize I stayed inside and all turn around and come back in.
Something about my chickens on their ladder always makes me smile and Maggie is still full of beans.
That is so cute!

Friday morning broody butt!

IMG20201002073003.jpg

Just been watching Barking Bracket do the broody leap and the shake. She's completely mad! She rushes about all puffed up and clucking like mad. She doesn't scare anyone.:lol:
Shame I can't take a decent video. It's very funny to watch. She does stay the right way up though.:D
HEY!
20201001_192624.jpg

(she is giving you the death stare, you just can't see her eyes) 🤭

Back
Top Bottom