Pony Sunday

We had Eve's 5th birthday party at the zoo yesterday. Some non-chicken bird photos.

View attachment 3836914View attachment 3836915

View attachment 3836919
View attachment 3836923

Are those conjoined ostriches?

View attachment 3836916

This cheeky fellow was eating from the animal snacks while the kids had cupcakes.

View attachment 3836917View attachment 3836918

She had a giraffe cake made of cupcakes!
View attachment 3836984

View attachment 3836986

And they ask enjoyed feeding the giraffes 🦒.
View attachment 3836922
Awww happy birthday! Oh I want to feed a giraffe! Eve is a lucky girl!

Well, your voice as a biologist obviously has a lot more weight !

I am sorry that some of the BYC members who know the more about worming and medicating, tend to prone very assertively a systematic use. I rarely react because I don't have enough experience keeping chickens and also due to the huge cultural gap between the US and Europe on that subject among others 😊.

Please, drink your mullein and peppermint tea and chicken water if it helps you heal and tell us more of Momma hen's story !
But I agree mullein tea is gross....in fact everything about mullein is gross. If it wasn't so hard to weed it would be gone from our place !
Here are some donkeys I saw while running this morning for Pony Sundays. These lucky guys live in huge hundred acres parks in the mountain. The people who own them have a donkey trekking business, so once in a while they carry a family's luggage or a child, but there are three herds of around 20 so they dont get to work too often !
View attachment 3837000View attachment 3837001
And please send some good thoughts for our little Piou-piou. She's not doing well and we can't find what's wrong 😔.
View attachment 3837002
Oh I hope wee Piou-Piou gets well soon. So hard when they are so small and can’t tell us what’s wrong 😟

I will think very good thoughts for her.

The Bigs and Littles, an Introduction.

Lore, snicker and doodle all came over to say hello the wee ones. Lore surprised me entirely by spending the most time with them. He immediately set to showing them how to peck and scratch and even chased off a curious Myth. Then lost interest and was off in search of bugs. But it went really really well!

The big eye jubilee is holding strong but as you will see her feathers are coming in all askew and she is still tiny. Fighting for it though!

Also, can anyone tell em if these Ameraucanas are going to grow up to be black or blue? I am fine with either, the breeder wasn’t sure which they would end up being and I curious.

All sun dappled with bright green grass- could your yard look any more pleasant!! Lucky flock ☺️
I’m glad the intros went well! And also fascinating to hear about the rooster/chick dynamics, since I don’t have a roo.

Sigh. Six polish pullets out of eight.
Two roosters. I’m not complaining though. Athens is stunning (he attacks my hand but he’s cute) and Nemesis is just so handsome and sweet.
I figured out a few days ago that Neme was a roo. I saw wattles on his face, and noticed that his hair looked the same as Athens.
Athens has black feathers on his head, while Nemesis mainly has white feathers on his head. I’m planning on keeping them both.
Athens
View attachment 3836212

Nemesis (Neme)View attachment 3836213
Well there you go! Rooster replacements at the ready! Pick one of them to go with the flock of girls who will be rooster-less once you get rid of Pastel.

Well there you go! Rooster replacements at the ready! Pick one of them to go with the flock of girls who will be rooster-less once you get rid of Pastel.
Maybe once they’re older? They are nine or ten weeks old, and my girls are terrors. Especially BBQ, Eli, and Splotch.

Dad invited some of his friends to come out to the barn to watch me ride 😳

I have an idea of what to do with Pastel.

There is an animal rescue, and they take roosters. It’s about 40 minutes away, and I’m planning on taking him there.
They can either use him as a “work animal” (I forgot what they called it) which is where they can sell or slaughter him, breed him and all of the normal stuff.
And there is “sanctuary animal” which is where they will keep him until he dies of natural causes. The sanctuary one is what I’m probably gonna ask for. I don’t exactly want him to die.

I need to figure out when I can drop him off there. I wish that he stayed nice, but I can only do so much for him. My parents have been telling me to kill or get rid of him for ages, but I’ve defended him.
Such a hard decision. :hugs :hugs

STOWAWAYS

OH No! What am I going to do?!

I have stowaways 😳

Actually no they are not from yesterday, and not a real coincidence that Peavey Mart has the same Bantams as TSC had yesterday, I am betting Hoovers shipped Bantams to both Peavey and TSC this week.

These where the very last two chickies in the store and they were screaming up a storm, broke my heart to hear them so distressed so I told the store clerk, give me a deal and I’ll take them off your hands. So 2 for the price of one and home they came!

Being bantams they are straight run. And in my case are likely both Roos…..

I wonder what sort of Bantams they are?
And here I thought the one with the straight eye liner was a Speckled sussex. The curve eye liner looks like a brown leghorn (but there're lots of breeds that pop those colors and I don't know much about bantams) , so maybe you got a Momma Hen type bantam.... the straight eye liner looks like has fluffy cheeks? Will very likely be ALERT little things.

Back
Top Bottom