I hate when my phone goes off for tornado warnings, ‘Meep meeep meeeep meeeep’

I have two phone ls, there are 5 others in here that each have 2 phones - good lawrd all mighty!

That scared me more than the tornado it self (have I mentioned I live in the Goldie locks zone here) - 5 tornadoes over the years all around me within a few miles - none has damaged my place (knock on wood). I aim to keep it that way - GO AWAY STORMS!

today’s warning, round 2 heading this way. This is the same system that caused such wide spread devastation yesterday in Iowa and area 😢 so sad for everyone
View attachment 3840399
You have tornadoes in Canada?!

What happened in Iowa yesterday?
Tornadoes - several people were killed. So sad.

The storms have been going round me so that’s a good thing. And I hardly gat any rain here! It poured buckets at work!

Bert and the bigger babies
image.jpg

Passing thunderstorm....
20240522_160700.jpg
All the little bumps on the rail are hailstones.

Chickens sheltered in the coop and under the deck. Checked earlier on nesting. Mera still content in her spot. Blanche in the upper far right box. Lark and Shan in boxes on the bottom bank. Nellie screaming about "her" spot being occupied (more like others are in the coop).Seems the curtains aren't a hindrance to them. Now to see if PITA leaves Mera alone.

Tornadoes - several people were killed. So sad.

The storms have been going round me so that’s a good thing. And I hardly gat any rain here! It poured buckets at work!

Bert and the bigger babies
View attachment 3840569
Rest in peace to all who died.

You have tornadoes in Canada?!
Yes and lots of them.

Were I live is particularly prone to tornadoes eap at this time of year with the cold lakes and the hot land air.

On a day like today we get a storm front roll through, when it’s hot and humid (it was 29c earlier and extreme humid), then the storms create moving air mass, pulling cold air in from the lakes (hot air rises right-?), then it gets spinning and all we need for a for the one end to drop and the whole cloud is rotating, and taa-daa tornado.

We had a devastating F4 here in Barrie 29 yrs ago - everyone gets very anxious around now as we all lives through it. And while my home wasn’t impacted I had many friends who’s homes were destroyed.

It was lucky more people weren’t killed - it hit the racetrack here and many horses were horses were injured. A direct hit 😢😢😢

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_Barrie_tornado

None of us likes to hear the storms here.

And several yrs ago we had another tornado go through here on almost the same path - but it was only an F3 or F2. That was about 3 miles up the road it want through. All day they were calling for tornado warnings, they kept saying nope the winds all wrong. Then about 5:30 I was doing dishes and the breeze was coming in the window- then all of a sudden the wind rushed out to window! Whoosh! My mum dad and I ran for the basement. Ferocious winds and rain. Then it was over.

I went out and everything was ok here so I hoped in my car and went to my sisters up the road only couldnt get there with trees across the road - every single north south road in the township was blocked by downed trees.

Anyways that was several yrs ago and everything is repaired. And I tell all storms to go away!

I just realized you all have the pitchforks and torches out because I forgot tax. Here you go:
View attachment 3840579
You're improving. Well done.

And the rain has stopped... photo shoot time
20240522_161918.jpg
The "want to be a mama"

20240522_161849.jpg
20240522_161836.jpg
20240522_161844.jpg
The other boxes (the dirty egg is a fake).
20240522_161903.jpg
Havoc settling in to lay her egg, I think...

Those sheltering in the coop
20240522_161813.jpg
And most of the rest of the crew
20240522_161705.jpg

Yes and lots of them.

Were I live is particularly prone to tornadoes eap at this time of year with the cold lakes and the hot land air.

On a day like today we get a storm front roll through, when it’s hot and humid (it was 29c earlier and extreme humid), then the storms create moving air mass, pulling cold air in from the lakes (hot air rises right-?), then it gets spinning and all we need for a for the one end to drop and the whole cloud is rotating, and taa-daa tornado.

We had a devastating F4 here in Barrie 29 yrs ago - everyone gets very anxious around now as we all lives through it. And while my home wasn’t impacted I had many friends who’s homes were destroyed.

It was lucky more people weren’t killed - it hit the racetrack here and many horses were horses were injured. A direct hit 😢😢😢

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_Barrie_tornado

None of us likes to hear the storms here.

And several yrs ago we had another tornado go through here on almost the same path - but it was only an F3 or F2. That was about 3 miles up the road it want through. All day they were calling for tornado warnings, they kept saying nope the winds all wrong. Then about 5:30 I was doing dishes and the breeze was coming in the window- then all of a sudden the wind rushed out to window! Whoosh! My mum dad and I ran for the basement. Ferocious winds and rain. Then it was over.

I went out and everything was ok here so I hoped in my car and went to my sisters up the road only couldnt get there with trees across the road - every single north south road in the township was blocked by downed trees.

Anyways that was several yrs ago and everything is repaired. And I tell all storms to go away!
Sorry that you have all that bad weather where you are. Hope that more people can stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom