I just told Canna what you said, and that you care too. Told her she's tired and will be OK,
Thanks. (Emotionally, I cannot afford to lose this hen. it would put me over the edge of my sorrowful bottomless pit!)
Hang tough Alex. We are praying for her. :hugs :hugs

My only concerns would be the chipping, toxicity, and the “ooooh, shiny... different (MUST peck it!)” reaction. They will try to eat anything it seems, especially if a feather-brained rooster looking to “get some” says it’s tasty (Sammy, Dean, Cass... you know I’m talking about you right?)
Polish? Blu bath.JPG Sorry, I couldn't resist!

My only concerns would be the chipping, toxicity, and the “ooooh, shiny... different (MUST peck it!)” reaction. They will try to eat anything it seems, especially if a feather-brained rooster looking to “get some” says it’s tasty (Sammy, Dean, Cass... you know I’m talking about you right?)
You may be right. You can get matt finish and not use red. I was thinking a small dab on one toenail so less likely to chip. I wasn't thinking a whole mani-pedi - though the mental image of that is entertaining. I wonder if anyone has tried it.

You may be right. You can get matt finish and not use red. I was thinking a small dab on one toenail so less likely to chip. I wasn't thinking a whole mani-pedi - though the mental image of that is entertaining. I wonder if anyone has tried it.
I am certain this has happened. 😆

Listen peeps, I can't just order up a new "tribe"of chickens, here in Central Cal. And it's actually very hard to replace ones I have hatched from their eggs- to me now.
FAA won't even let me fly some back from MurrayMcMurray due to the avian quarantine in CA. So I just need you all to pray for my Canna's survival. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom