I don’t recall the cover art. The first three and Harper Hall were all the really old Book Club editions (Where you get a membership and then get super cheap omnibus editions, but have to buy X number of books every month) but everything after that was purchased as it was released in Hardback. We also have the Ireta Adventure book club edition omnibus, she lost the dust jacket, but thankfully didn’t donate that one (it’s almost impossible to find here now). Another Favorite is the Gandalara Cycle by Randall Garret and Vicki Anne Heydron. That was recently replaced in paperback because it was falling to bits (literally) I am quite thankful for online book ordering!

Ooh, I haven't read those. Looks like I have more for my wish list! Thanks Kris. (or to be consistent...Curse you Kris! :rant) 😜

Thank you. I feel I'm not prepared enough for this venture, I'm always catching up. So today one of my Buckeye pullets let out a single "honk", kind of like a sneeze it seemed. She had been eating some scratch out of crevices in a log. She did it once or twice, then I saw her bend forward and shake her head too. Something went down the wrong way? An hour later another honk, and a little while after that another one. Then nothing for another couple of hours, and now they're roosting. I will look them over tomorrow and keep an eye on them.
Hattie winds up up "honking or coughing" almost everytime she eats corn. I liken it to our clearing our throats. I would guess that is what has happened here. Nothing much to worry about.
My girls have done the same thing while eating scratch at the "breakfast bar" (a log with crevices).
I was wondering if I'd have to do the equivalent of the chicken Heimlich maneuver. It's reassuring to know others have observed this and their hens are no worse for wear. 👍

What happens is 1/2 of us are running 10 pages behind ~ & not always the same 1/2. :gig

The other option I can think of is working out a time & going with skype or other multi chat function. Skype is the only one I'm familiar with but I'm sure there must be others. That may not work for you data wise.
Only 10 Ribh? I've been reading for over an hour and I am still 20 pages behind! :th

Serves me right for missing a day....

My friends, I do need you all to know, that I feel emotionally bankrupt. Yesterday’s shock made me rethink my priorities. As you all know, I love my animals more than my own life itself. Losing Canna took me way further away from caring, than I have felt since my active dutiful career in law enforcement.
what I’m trying to say is this: I really have lost the feeling, that I am a good chicken keeper, and having only four left, leads me to believe that I am losing the faith (so to speak) your friend, Alexander
It sounds like you are out of spoons Alex. Take time to take care of yourself and recover.
It is hard to lose a beloved pet emotionally and physically. Don't listen to people who say "But it's just a chicken". We here understand if you need some alone time.

I don’t know why I find this so cute but I do. All the Princesses tucked in for the night. Getting chilly so they are all floofed up and all burying their faces in their feathers.
I was really just checking for mice but had to peep in on the sleeping ladies too.
View attachment 2430622
Its just a wonderful peaceful ending to a day. Just lovely.

Back
Top Bottom