Still snowing here. It is not 'serious snow', just flurries of big lazy flakes. :idunno
Still cold to me! 527BE26C-7F5B-4D19-A10C-8A084BC7646D.gif

That's like taking a colicing horse for a trailer ride so they poop!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Isn't that the truth. One of our boarders had a horse choke, was told to get the horse to Lexington 3 hours away. On that trailer right, he somehow managed to dislodge it himself. They scoped him, 5,000 bill later, yes he had choked but it's gone now and esophagus is really inflamed and irritated. Sent home with 10 days of antibiotics that I had to give to him twice a day, that was NOT fun, and soaked wet mash or soup from here on out. Now what did he choke on, the soaked beet pulp and alfafa cubes that she'd read online he needed because he came underweight. That horse was bought sight unseen online for her, then 17, lawyers kid and knew it all. The pictures were a couple years old, and horse we were expecting to get off the trailer was a very pretty and healthy 8 year old warmblood. What came off was a rack of bones. The vet was out the next day and it was no wonder, his teeth were in horrible shape, hadn't been floated since who knows when and ulcer's on both sides of his mouth. The poor boy couldn't eat. So, naturally, normal people know that you CANNOT rush to put weight back on a horse, it takes time. Good feed and Plenty of hay and in a few months different animal. She knew more then us, there was ways to fatten him up quicker safer, online yahoos, told her ne needed beet pulp, and alfafa cubes added. She believed them, bought the stuff, and insisted he get it twice a day. Guess what, a week later he chokes on the garbage and the Lexington vets chewed her out over it.

Prayers for Jaffar, hope it doesn't get worse. He's handsome, *do not want to insult him and call him pretty* Cochins interest me, one day in the future, when i finish collecting all the Marans I want I'd like to add a cochin. Oh and your littles are adorable and getting so big. I think my favorite shall be Java. Java and Karen sound like soul mates, with attitude.

After Karen's run in with Henrietta, huge personality change. I'm no longer the enemy. I opened the crate now to let them come out and she flies to my shoulder for snuggle time. She still doesn't like me to hold her, but, before she never even offered to come to me. If I had known all she needed was a whipping from big bad Henrietta, I would have let her have it at a week old.

Back
Top Bottom