My support team ❤️

20210517_215218.jpg

Finally, all the Chooks are in for the night.
I do so much love to be able to count 1 thru 10 again. Plus the littles in the chickens room. Emily didn’t want to perch next to Jaffar tonight. I think she’s just too fat for that thin perch. Tomorrow, I will build a more suitable one for them both. Now I can fix a burger and relax for the evening.

Finally, all the Chooks are in for the night.
I do so much love to be able to count 1 thru 10 again. Plus the littles in the chickens room. Emily didn’t want to perch next to Jaffar tonight. I think she’s just too fat for that thin perch. Tomorrow, I will build a more suitable one for them both. Now I can fix a burger and relax for the evening.
I also had a burger tonight. 🤣

Good choice.

Rich Update

Everyone please pray for Rich and Danielle (CrazyChookChookLady). She just texted me that Rich has just been taken to the hospital by ambulance. They have no idea whatmay be going on but obviously any change in what he was diagnosed with is extremely dangerous.

Chicken tax, her favorite of mine.
View attachment 2673621
Oh no!!! I did not see this post. I hope everything is OK.

Alice had a lot of pin feathers on her head at the end of her last moult and they were taking ages to open out and lose the cuticle around them. I mentioned how I just wanted to get my fingers on them and preen her head. The only time I get to do that is if she is in a nesting box at night instead of a roost. I preen her head until she gets sick of me (about 15 seconds) and leaves to get on a perch.

I found a video of people preening their birds like I want to. They aren't chickens unfortunately. But the birds look like they are really enjoying it. ❤️ I thought my chicken friends might enjoy it too.

Very cool! Bridge likes it when I preen the back of her neck and Buttercup likes it when I preen her fluffy butt.

Back
Top Bottom