I haven't been able to even look at pictures of the tribes without getting very upset until the last couple of days, so yes, I miss them terribly.
I don't have any plans for a new tribe. My current circumstances make keeping chickens free range impossible and the circumstances are unlikely to change enough in the foreseeable future.
Keeping ex batts, or rescues may be possible at some point. Ex batts would never be safe in a fully free range environment in the UK, so a chicken old peoples home with a run and supervised exercise might be an option.
The fact is that Bucket Boy and the tribes is over. I've been incredibly privileged to have lived with the tribes for a decade.
What I hope to do is get organised here and get my book published in the hope that the book will help change the appalling view most people have of chickens, their intelligence, their behaviour and the cruelty involved in the keeping of them.
Meanwhile, I'll come on to BYC when I can and see if I can pass on some of what I've learned to those prepared to pay attention.
I can only imagine the heartache you feel at the moment Shad. You were a wonderful bucket boy to your tribes and they were your feathered family.
I would say more but I’ll upset myself talking about all of your birds and how they must look for you.
Now I’ve gone and done it 😭 more going on in my head than the words on here.
I’m so glad to have conversed with you on here about chooks, I’m glad you will still pop in and I await the day you post again with some new fluffy butt loves that you have taken under your wing 💜
Take care of yourself, Shad 🙂

Last edited:
Hi all. It's been a while. Still having sad days, but the children have been so wonderful. Thankful for the his, mine, and ours! They have surrounded me with love and help. Thankful for them. I'm not alone, thank the Heavens. Our son and wife..and cute little two year old is living here. I think I shared that a while back. I'm going to go back a bit and check posts..two pages I think. 😊
:hugsI am so glad you have your son/daughter in law/grandbaby with you. Being surrounded by loved ones is always a good thing, especially in times like these

At least she's not breaking out Bob :)
😆 Very True! Last night she wound up on the main bar. It was so dark she had to use the light from the window to get on that spot! No high roost last night.

Big Coop Cam_20210612_210027.jpg

I haven't been able to even look at pictures of the tribes without getting very upset until the last couple of days, so yes, I miss them terribly.
I don't have any plans for a new tribe. My current circumstances make keeping chickens free range impossible and the circumstances are unlikely to change enough in the foreseeable future.
Keeping ex batts, or rescues may be possible at some point. Ex batts would never be safe in a fully free range environment in the UK, so a chicken old peoples home with a run and supervised exercise might be an option.
The fact is that Bucket Boy and the tribes is over. I've been incredibly privileged to have lived with the tribes for a decade.
What I hope to do is get organised here and get my book published in the hope that the book will help change the appalling view most people have of chickens, their intelligence, their behaviour and the cruelty involved in the keeping of them.
Meanwhile, I'll come on to BYC when I can and see if I can pass on some of what I've learned to those prepared to pay attention.
There are no magic words of comfort which I could offer to you. I wish there were. :hugs :hugs :hugs

I will say that I am glad you are not leaving us completely. I know that I have benefited greatly from knowing you and my life is truly the better for it.

I look forward to purchasing my copy of your book. Perhaps even donating some copies to people who need to know.

TSC has barred rock pullets. I was SO tempted! But I would have had to get four, and I really only want two at this time, so I passed. They were SO CUTE! 🥰
Wonderful hens. I must say. We had friends over for dinner last night and they commented on beautiful Sydney was just walking through the yard. I think they are a chicken's chicken in appearance. That is what a chicken should look like. Moreso with chicks in tow. 😉

Back
Top Bottom