Shannon just sent me a picture from where she lives. She will be here with me in approximately two hours C68B534E-CFDC-47B9-8073-44EF2816402D.jpeg

Shannon just sent me a picture from where she lives. She will be here with me in approximately two hours View attachment 2774173
That is a beautiful place. I could spend days there fishing which besides the horses and chickens is my passion. I wish you the best Alex on this new adventure, you deserve happiness.

I'm heartbroken this morning, and I think before I change my mind I may need to list the silkies. I had to run down grandma's for a few hours yesterday evening and I left them out free ranging. Their little group had been doing so well and they are being accepted by the rest of the flock. My dad and brother were here so I didn't worry about no one here. We finally got back at the edge of dark and they were by the coop ready to go in. But one of my smaller ones was missing and my tiniest one Poppy has a slight limp. I searched for a hour after dark last night and could not find a trace of it, and prayed overnight she was hidden and would be there this morning. No luck, and after another hours search this morning she's gone. Poppy's limp is not bad and there is no visible wound so I think its a sprain that will heal with a few days of confinement. Every other chicken on the place is acting like nothing happened. I don't want to let them go, but, I just don't think they are going to do well free ranging and if something happens to another one it will be devastating.

I'm heartbroken this morning, and I think before I change my mind I may need to list the silkies. I had to run down grandma's for a few hours yesterday evening and I left them out free ranging. Their little group had been doing so well and they are being accepted by the rest of the flock. My dad and brother were here so I didn't worry about no one here. We finally got back at the edge of dark and they were by the coop ready to go in. But one of my smaller ones was missing and my tiniest one Poppy has a slight limp. I searched for a hour after dark last night and could not find a trace of it, and prayed overnight she was hidden and would be there this morning. No luck, and after another hours search this morning she's gone. Poppy's limp is not bad and there is no visible wound so I think its a sprain that will heal with a few days of confinement. Every other chicken on the place is acting like nothing happened. I don't want to let them go, but, I just don't think they are going to do well free ranging and if something happens to another one it will be devastating.
Oh dear. I am so sorry. You think something snatched her? :hugs

This is a tough decision. I do not envy you. :hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom