Don’t worry it is a lot to keep up with. I lost Elizabeth. One minute she was fine and foraging in the long grass, and then the next day she was gone.
I am a bit numb about the whole thing. She had been having trouble making shells for her eggs so I imagine it was reproductive troubles.
I’m so sorry. I think I did see this? It’s heartbreaking that these little sweethearts can be so fragile. For some reason I find the sudden, unexpected ones easier than the ones I’ve cared for and nursed. I think it has to do with thinking they suffered less. Hugs to you. And good for Diana becoming Boss Bird.

Don’t worry it is a lot to keep up with. I lost Elizabeth. One minute she was fine and foraging in the long grass, and then the next day she was gone.
I am a bit numb about the whole thing. She had been having trouble making shells for her eggs so I imagine it was reproductive troubles.
:hugs :hugs :hugs

Oh, yes, I definitely saw this and think I commented. I’m so sorry my brain could not retain it. These little feathered friends really bring a wide range of emotions, don’t they? :hugs
That why they are special. They cause us to feel deeply. That is a special gift which they freely give.

That was much easier than typing. Do yours always suffer from their molts so much?
Well, I’ve had three starve themselves since I started five and a half years ago… Millie, then Ester and now Minnie. Some of the others have felt lousy, acted nervous and/or dropped weight, but the anorexia thing has only hit these three. I’ve had 17 chickens in total (five losses and I currently have 12.)

Back
Top Bottom