So sorry I am late to this conversation and will read ahead later. Years ago, Ruby had a doughy crop (not necessarrily super sour) and I successfully treated it by administering clotrimazole vaginal cream orally. Acidified copper sulfate in the water is also supposed to work. You have to be careful with dosing snd it gas to be the only water source.
Thank you for sharing your experience! She was on antifungal medication for 10 days, which helped, but she's still not eating on her own (except for dandelion leaves).

So do I my friend!
Thank you! So far, Ruby is doing very well. Her stance is a lot better without that giant bulge between her legs. This morning I tubed 65mLof fluid with a tiny bit of baby bird formula in anticipation of getting a return call from the vet saying we could come in. Then I tubed another 60mLof just warm Pedialyte after we had been home for a little bit. I’m doing my best to set her up for success. So far, so good. I will continue to tube fluids. I’m not too worried about her eating, as I think she’s doing that just fine.

Thank you! So far, Ruby is doing very well. Her stance is a lot better without that giant bulge between her legs. This morning I tubed 65mLof fluid with a tiny bit of baby bird formula in anticipation of getting a return call from the vet saying we could come in. Then I tubed another 60mLof just warm Pedialyte after we had been home for a little bit. I’m doing my best to set her up for success. So far, so good. I will continue to tube fluids. I’m not too worried about her eating, as I think she’s doing that just fine.
Michelle, do you stop and just talk with your birds? I do individually, all the time . When I’m alone in the hanger, I even talk to my Cessna, asking politely if it’s okay to fly today. (Because I’m usually alone with her and I can.) I must check for any discrepancies on the propeller, landing gear, loose hatches , and any other problem before I take to the air. (Honestly, I’m in love with anything that has wings) :)🛩️ but NOT mosquitoes!:gig

Oops... apparently I started a post about cats earlier, but never finished.

My neighbor has a bunch of outdoor cats who are arou d when the chickens are out. They pretty much get out of the way when one of the girls approaches. :)
My cat RUNS if a chicken approaches. Her first experience with chickens was when I had my first 8, 7 girls and a Roo. My roo (Sir Lancelot) made an unusual 'alarm' call. Next thing I know, all 8 chickens - with Sir Lancelot at the head - are CHARGING my cat! She was terrified and now gives all chickens a WIDE berth. This is odd considering my cat is a GREAT hunter -aside from the usual song birds, chipmunks & mice, has caught squirrels & rabbits, too!

My cat RUNS if a chicken approaches. Her first experience with chickens was when I had my first 8, 7 girls and a Roo. My roo (Sir Lancelot) made an unusual 'alarm' call. Next thing I know, all 8 chickens - with Sir Lancelot at the head - are CHARGING my cat! She was terrified and now gives all chickens a WIDE berth. This is odd considering my cat is a GREAT hunter -aside from the usual song birds, chipmunks & mice, has caught squirrels & rabbits, too!
As it should be ! Give it time, this isn’t YouTube

My Little Einstein continues to Impress

When released back into the run, Sansa really had it out for Phyllis. Even faring her neck feathers several times. For her part, Phyllis always just ran away. She got pecked hard once but that was it.

Phyllis then just wouldn't go near Sansa. Her and Sydney were together a lot.

Then Phyllis wanted to drink some water but Sansa was right there. Her solution was truly unique and shows her smarts again.
@BY Bob, where did you find that cool holder for your waterer (can see it in video)? I WANT ONE!!!! Chooks always seem to knock mine over, no matter what I do!

Back
Top Bottom