Nope. Sorry to keep on about this but it's important. Coxoid is not to be used as a deterrent. It's to be used if a chicken has coccidiosis.
I know, this is something that I'm aware of.

It will not be used unless I'm certain this is what they have, I've seen a little red in the poop and yes, it could be food but if it continues then I will have to find a way to get it tested

I've written too the link on vets in my nearest location too ask for lab testing but again for my 5th approach in three separate areas for a veterinarians advice I recieved no response.

Both of these were on the watch list. The Red Sex Link has improved a lot and I hope now all she has to deal with is the moulting. She got a course of Flubenvet for the worms and a course of Coxiod because it was either or her lookalike that was showing blood spots in their poop. I could only narrow it down to the pair of them so they both got treated.
View attachment 2879116View attachment 2879117
This is Copy. She had crop problems, possibly because of worms. We've dealt with the worms and she seems more comfortable but her crop is still not quite right. From what I can feel there is a lump that isn't breaking up and I think it ends up blocking the exit from her crop when her crop is full, but not all the time. My feeling is that whatever it is may float when she drinks a lot which she has been. She's not quite comfortable with being caught in daylight which is good but inconvenient. I can get her at night, which I have but the has feathers growing right around the crop so massage isn't really an option.
View attachment 2879118
Shad, can you gently take Copy off the roost with a towel and pull her aside to offer her coconut oil or mash with coconut oil mixed in? Maybe a little lubrication can help until you are able to work her crop.

Back
Top Bottom