Do you like wine? We make lots and lots of really good wine in South Australia šŸ· and beaches? We've got lovely beaches. Want to cuddle a koala? Can do. Want to feed a wallaby? No problem, too easy.

And the chickens of course!

Sounds like you work for the tourist bureau.

What a nice way to meet them all in their environment. Ruby looks really good. Thanks for sharing this moment with us. It is especially appreciated here in cold Winnipeg, -8Ā°F here right now. That's too cold for C to calculate.

šŸ„¶

If you donā€™t mind small sea planes not that far at all... if youā€™re thinking of driving... a whole long way and I hope you brought winter tires for getting through the Rockies! Our last WWOOFer, who was here over Christmas, just posted a dogsledding pic to FBook, heā€™s in Quebec!

We should find a way to arrange some sort of chicken convention... Iā€™m thinking we meet up at @Shadrachā€™s and oust his relatives from the big house for a bit. Thatā€™s probably the best spot for being in the center of us all! A little less jetlag for everyone that way :lau

Call it the Wine and Roosters convention. We can all observe the tribes in action during the day. Then sit around after dark, drink wine, and tell chicken stories.

šŸ·šŸ“šŸ”šŸ·

And youā€™re going to have to find a better hiding place for the meal worms, or the girls will get too chubby! Hey, if you let some of them move into the big coop youā€™lol have more space for some colored egg layers! See you solved it ;) :gig

You are so helpful. Thanks.

And yet you know most of my new girls have been roosting on the floor of the little coop or a nesting box & all got on a roost when I moved them last night. I'm pretty blind & have had a couple of bad falls recently so I was taking no chances & probably had more light from my phone than I should have had because everyone hoped down off the roost to start with but everyone ended up on it so given a little more space they all did what was required of them with no interference from me.
I use one of those lights that mount to your head. Made by Energizer. Has two white leds and one red led and a switch to chose one or the other. I find i can use the white leds to get there and then I switch over to the red when I'm with the chickens. I can see pretty well but they can't so they stay put . Also it leaves both hands free :)
1582088675613.png

I use one of those lights that mount to your head. Made by Energizer. Has two white leds and one red led and a switch to chose one or the other. I find i can use the white leds to get there and then I switch over to the red when I'm with the chickens. I can see pretty well but they can't so they stay put . Also it leaves both hands free :)
View attachment 2030078
I use a headlamp all the time. But DUH! Never thought of a red one for working with the chickens at night. Great idea!

Back
Top Bottom