Pics
It's been an "egg"ceptionally "egg"citing day here at Fluffy Butt Acres. Our little girl Hattie laid her first egg today!!! :wee

She laid in the same box as Lilly did yesterday.
20190112_163239.jpg

Here she is admiring her work.
20190112_163508.jpg

Snowy Greens
It snowed last night and the coop looks pretty with the snow.
20190113_193829.jpg

Unfortunately, this group of birds does not have an alpha leghorn to lead them out onto the snow. Knowing they would be house-bound or "cooped-up" I thought I would give them a treat. So I hung a cabbage in the run. At first it was bouncing all over when they pecked at it making it hard to eat. Then they somehow arranged themselves into a triangle and went to town on it as Jabber watched on.

I have cameras in my coop and run and this morning I saw some interesting behavior that I thought I would share. Our young rooster, Jabber had just mounted Hattie and my alpha hen Patsy came over and knocked him off her. Thinking that was odd I thought I would start the camera recording in case it happened again. Instead I caught Patsy smacking him down. Check out the video below. They come beak to beak, I'm not sure if Jabber is trying to intimidate her but there is a rapid reaction and Patsy is clearly the winner.

I have cameras in my coop and run and this morning I saw some interesting behavior that I thought I would share. Our young rooster, Jabber had just mounted Hattie and my alpha hen Patsy came over and knocked him off her. Thinking that was odd I thought I would start the camera recording in case it happened again. Instead I caught Patsy smacking him down. Check out the video below. They come beak to beak, I'm not sure if Jabber is trying to intimidate her but there is a rapid reaction and Patsy is clearly the winner.
Lol, it's the way she looks at him as if to say - 'get out it you young whippersnapper, be off before you get some more of where that comes from' At which he promptly leaves, with Hattie hot on his heals lol

Lol, it's the way she looks at him as if to say - 'get out it you young whippersnapper, be off before you get some more of where that comes from' At which he promptly leaves, with Hattie hot on his heals lol

He did run off quickly. Lol. It had to be embarrassing for him.

I'm loving your observations! ... and even better to capture on video. So Patsy wins, but Hattie rushes out in pursuit of her suitor? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom