I have to say, MJ, they look so good & content co-brooding. This is just a wonderful photo given the context. (Any they are such lovely girls, too!)👩‍❤️‍👩
Ivy is a darling but Peggy is a little tyrannical (she's the blue one). I hope they continue to be at ease with each other once the chicks are out.

I put a lovely photo of them in the picture of the week thread the other day. I'll locate it then come back and add it here.

Here it is: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...information-submissions.1345170/post-25297108

I think that the winter nights are too long for them. They get hungry. I am supposing that they feel safe enough to not be afraid to un-roost eat, lay, and go back to bed.
I wish I could do that!! (well, minus the lay thing) Unfortunately, have to get up too early, so can't go back to bed :(

My lot have definitely taken some tumbles in the dark. The most scary is Minnie who just launches herself off into the dark from 4' up so I definitely understand your concern!
She is fearless that one. I picture an old barnstorming pilot with a biplane. I can see her wing walking! 😆

Back
Top Bottom