Shad had a LOT of hard wood. It takes some serious effort to get it to ignite. Most of what I have is pine....using the torch would be a problem. Definitely recommend practicing on a scrap piece of the same type of wood used in your coop. Then practice with a poopy board. Is it possible to set the temp on the torch lower?
You can set the flame lower but it is all about not applying the flame to one spot too long.

Off topic but….. @BY Bob , what do you use for your pool disinfectant ie chlorine, bromide, etc. ? :confused: I’m doing some swimming pool research.
I use chlorine. I would like to get a salt generator and switch over but the initial cost is quite pricy.

Tax
20220412_093406.jpg

I'm not sure how good the pictures came out...but @RoyalChick , I think this mystery chick wants to communicate with Lulu!
View attachment 3115393View attachment 3115395
If you enlarge the photos, you can see she is starting to get an antennae, too! Just when I thought I was getting an idea of what she was, she is also starting to show hints of brown on her hackle feathers! Unfortunately, again, these were taken a few minutes ago, so it was dark, and you can't see that. I'll try for some better shots on Saturday...so y'all can be puzzled, too!
Very cute! 😍

It's prohibited but many still do it. Before Brexit most horsey people in France got their safeguard on a UK site because in our country you need a prescription and it was five time the price.

I do this with our hives, I'll try to answer but please allow me some translation mistakes! So, the flame only needs to be just quickly passed over to burn insects or larvae. Some hives are indeed made of pine. The body of the hive is pretty thick, but some of the frames are very flimsy. It does char the wood a little if you insist, which you have to for cleaning a hive as you want the yucky wax left over to melt. If you just pass the flame quickly over it doesn't char. You can't lower the temperature but you can adjust the gaz opening and have a bigger or smaller flame. This is a picture of me doing just that on Monday, sorry for the Monday face. You can see I'm staying quite a long time on the same spot to scratch off yucky stuff. The wood never catches fire. In a coop you would need to empty it completely from the bedding. View attachment 3115609
Perfect. Thanks for sharing this. :thumbsup

Good morning Friday! Wednesday was 70F. Thursday high winds and spitting snow. This morning
View attachment 31157047 of them sheltering from the wind on the lee side of my Siberian pea tree. The adult chickens have been spending part of their mornings going through the debris under them....not so sure it's going to happen today, though.

Fluffy butt mugsView attachment 3115706
Snow! My gosh that stinks. 🥶

Have you ever tried Adams flea and tick spray.. not sure if they sell it there but you could probably order it. It is the best.. it’s harmless to animals and will kill every creepy crawly out there! I spray it in the coop for mosquitoes.. it will kill anything that crawls where you sprayed for a long time. I think it’s the solution!
I'm going to order some after this recommendation!

Good morning Friday! Wednesday was 70F. Thursday high winds and spitting snow. This morning
View attachment 31157047 of them sheltering from the wind on the lee side of my Siberian pea tree. The adult chickens have been spending part of their mornings going through the debris under them....not so sure it's going to happen today, though.

Fluffy butt mugsView attachment 3115706
Oh deer 🦌 !

Back
Top Bottom