Political rant over:
Apologies tax:
6E806B72-62A0-48EE-B7D5-648625963A12.jpeg

I get your message. Problem is, if enough people want to jump off a cliff, and public opinion overrides reason, then our government would legalize suicide, in an attempt to please the popular vote! And it’s getting worse all the time! :barnie
Agreed. And I wonder more about the political issues legalization represents than the particular substance in this case… all in all, and I live in BC the “pot capital of Canada, second only to Amsterdam” blah blah blah… and honestly most of the recreational users I’ve met have been harmless, unlike many other illegal substances.
Chicken Tax:
9B0E4309-F8F1-4346-88D0-BAD29C485082.jpeg

Thank you and everyone here for your kind words and sentiments. Thankfully we have her offspring here to carry on her memory.
I’ve had a lot of success in my production/heritage crosses for longevity so far. My 2019 hatchlings are all still doing quite well, so with luck her babies will have long and Happy lives too.

Your going to have to sift then aren't you! Those lazy workers. How frustrating.
I suspect it’s more likely that they have no knowledge about chickens and how they scratch around in the dirt, so it probably hasn’t occurred to them that the shavings might be ingested and cause internal damage. I mentioned this so hopefully they will be mindful of it if they do another job where there are chickens.

I suspect it’s more likely that they have no knowledge about chickens and how they scratch around in the dirt, so it probably hasn’t occurred to them that the shavings might be ingested and cause internal damage. I mentioned this so hopefully they will be mindful of it if they do another job where there are chickens.
I'd like to believe that they will be more cognizant and thoughtful next time. I'm glad you told them.

I just managed to check under Goldie aka Mean meat mama. She only drew blood once and I was able to toss two really bad eggs before they had a chance to pop under her she looks to have a chipmunk chick. There were three external pips in brown eggs, so I’m hoping I didn’t screw them up too badly in checking for the bad eggs. Grey mama also has at least one chick, yellow, but she was set a day or two after Goldie so I’m not too worried about what she is sitting on yet. I’m now realizing that I’m at least one maternity ward short for the next week or so, and if I recall Goldie isn’t too good at sharing maternity wards.

Back
Top Bottom