So, while I was out watching the babies, I saw one off the edge of the South side of the coop (the almost cliff, no cover, bare side). Then I saw a Magpie over there. Headed over to make sure the Magpie (young one has been raiding Castor's food) wasn't going after the black chick. Oh, Jess is there and both babies. All good. What are they after? (I've never been able to figure out ALL of the chickens' fascination with this area: ZERO overhead cover). Tonight, I figured it out. There are giant black ants in there: the whole area is an ant hill. Main entrance seems to be up on top around a chunk of concrete. Manage to flip it over: Bingo, and half of them have wings. View attachment 3123879View attachment 3123878View attachment 3123877View attachment 3123880View attachment 3123881Turns out those are the tastiest ones, but none are good unless mama catches and kills them first.
Wow. Mine don't eat ants. I have always wondered why. 🤔

Is this an offer that I can’t refuse? A church friend 85 years old asked me if I would be executor for her property, when she becomes incapacitated or dies. She has no family to speak of, and considers me her best friend. (Sounds familiar, remember Jeanette?) the properties are of substantial wealth, but back taxes are owed as well. I’m thinking strongly about it. (She has no animals on the property) but there’s a house and a double wide mobile home on it. Estimated at $600K and includes some mountain property near mine. It’s a big decision for me to take that situation on. I just thought I would throw it out to you BYC friends for your opinion. :idunno View attachment 3123895
(Way off topic) Tax:
I would help her just because she is someone in need. But that's me.

My Agatha is laying soft eggs 9ne this morning and this the afternoon
I'm so worried about my precious :(
20220526_134237.jpg

Back
Top Bottom