Have you ever broken one? We have ... played the trick on someone where you throw it and say catch :lol: ... well, it’s hollow and breaks quite easily... so he may crack it only to find an empty egg:eek::gig
I have never broken one. I bet he did and was too embarrassed to tell me. :gig

This is for any of you eggsperts out there... can anyone tell me why do some of my chickens jump on top of my Silkie and smash her down!? Even her “daughters” (Cochin bantams) do it to her.. and sometimes when it happens.. a big one will be smashing her down while some of the others are pecking her :th.... it’s so crazy! For the most part they all get along and she hangs out with everyone without incident... she grew up with the standards and they never treated her badly.. she is just one of them.. so what’s up wit dat!? I sometimes want to move her to her own coop with a couple of other Silkies but I know she would be miserable and just try to return to her flock...
I have only seen Aurora do that to Phyllis day 1 of integration. That is the only time I have had one jump on another (outside of Jabber of course ;)).

I am almost certain it is dominance of some kind. Maybe others can further enlighten.

I have only seen Aurora do that to Phyllis day 1 of integration. That is the only time I have had one jump on another (outside of Jabber of course ;)).

I am almost certain it is dominance of some kind. Maybe others can further enlighten.
Thanks! I don’t know why they would do that to her as she is bottom of the flock and challenges no one!! Ever!

I thought one of Knocks chicks had been got by the weasel. I found her outside my house in this clump of grass I don't cut to provide some cover. I think she fell asleep.

P4033052.JPG

Thanks! I don’t know why they would do that to her as she is bottom of the flock and challenges no one!! Ever!
I thank that's why they do it :( i think they get status points from the other chickens if they're extra mean. And it's very low risk to be mean to the lowest rank hen. If you kept her safe, would they turn on someone else?

I thank that's why they do it :( i think they get status points from the other chickens if they're extra mean. And it's very low risk to be mean to the lowest rank hen. If you kept her safe, would they turn on someone else?
Hhmmmm, I’m not sure.. like I said.. they usually all just get along so I don’t know what’s up with this.. but you may be right.. or maybe they think she looks weird :lol:... chickens are racist after all:he....
Thank you :)

Unfortunately there is what I call a lot of "reminder abuse" so that hens remember their place. Aurora is a big fan of giving out reminder abuse.
20200407_173501.jpg

I Need Another Nesting Box

I had another logjam today. Sansa and Aurora were laying and Hattie needed to as well. This is the nonsense that occurred.

@Ribh was right. The ironic thing is that the neighbor behind my house asked if we had gotten rid of the chickens on Sunday as he had not heard them in a long time! So much for that!:gig

Back
Top Bottom