Onward and Upward

The last 2 nights I have had to move the Rascals from the run floor to the coop. I must say that I really enjoy it. They each love to ride my hand and no one wanted to get off.

Which breaks my heart.

Obviously. šŸ˜

Here are tonight's rides.

View attachment 3163421View attachment 3163422View attachment 3163423View attachment 3163425
View attachment 3163435
Here is the new cuddle puddle in formation.
View attachment 3163427

View attachment 3163426

I see Lady Featherington really likes to be surrounded by her friends! She kept trying to be in the middle of the cuddle puddle! :love

Good try Phyllis. I know it was sad but you did what was best for her. I'm really surprised she stuck it out that long being a Polish. Honestly I would expect Hattie to be your chronic broody seeing how she is a orpington.
I also remain surprised that Hattie has never been broody. Now Hattie is the only of my hens to have lived with a rooster. Maybe she just knows better. :confused:

Phyllis' broody streak is very surprising considering she is a Polish. They are not supposed to go broody. That just tells you about the experts. Phyllis follows her own rules and she was truly determined.

The most heart warming thing for me was how the entire tribe supported her efforts to hatch this time. They all gave her eggs and no one raised a beak to her the whole time.

I really wish I could have let her hatch this time.

Our chickens make us happy and fill us with love. You are so good to yours, in so many ways, you deserve it. ā¤ļø (and I am so thankful for your help and support) I do so wish they lived longer, though :(
I have come to the realization that 6 years is a long life for a chicken. Losses before then is common. I really wish this wasn't so but the realization is making it easier to not be surprised when things pop up. I am also much more appreciative of a hen like Hattie when she reaches 4 years old.

I was sad to say goodbye to Lilly but it was also easier because of the amazing life she led along with the realization the 7 years is a long life for a chicken.

Back
Top Bottom