Gucci

The Gooch seems to be walking better this morning but there is still ahitxh in there. I did a little better this morning by just opening the door, throwing in some cracked corn, and sitting back in the chair. They had no desire to leave the coop.

Yes, at 1:22 or so she almost does a slow-mo Phyllis! - and then near the end she's down on her hocks because of the weakness. She is shaky a lot of the time. But in a certain way she's improved, like in the placement of her feet, for instance, and definitely in recovering from the near-spin out, she stuck that landing!
So there's room for a chair between the coop and the fence then? This is good, stick with it,! This is heartwarming for me to see, picturing you right there next to them. They also seem undisturbed by you, which is great! Ignoring you is better than fearing you and running away. They feel safe with you there. Looks like there could be enough room for them to come and go too, in and out around you, when they get bolder.

I've been in shock this morning reading updates of a tragic officer involved shooting that occurred in my neighboring community yesterday evening and last night. When I went to bed all that was released was that after barricading himself in a building the suspect was arrested but multiple officers had been shot. Woke up this morning to read that a Sheriff has died, a retired Kentucky State Police offer now sheriff's deputy has died along with a K-9 officer. Another KSP officer is in critical condition and 5 more emergency personal shot and wounded and are in the hospitals. This nightmare all stemmed from the Sheriff's office attempting to serve a domestic violence warrant. I have multiple family member and friends who are members of the law enforcement community and my heart is breaking for them and their families today and the days to follow. The monster that did this was already in court this morning and is being held on a 10 million cash only bond. I believe in the death penalty and I pray with everything in me that when all is said and done he receives it.
Horrible news! I feel for the families that lost their parents. And the parents who lost their children. Everyone is affected when tragedy like this occurs. :( Not to mention the partners.👮‍♀️👮‍♂️

D03B0683-7F39-48D1-AA8F-2E3B52CB5A8A.jpeg

I love this one of Lulu! It's like a surprise 'pop-up' 'I'm watching you! :lau

Thanks @ChicoryBlue, It is under the hardware cloth when it is a roof to support snow load, and it is on top of hardware cloth around the walls to deter brute force predators like big dogs.
It is what is called cattle panel (or hog panel) which you can cut with bolt cutters.
Here at TSC they are amazingly cheap - though I notice they have gone up more than $10 in the last couple of years!
The biggest issue is getting them home - they are 16’ long!

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/feedlot-panel-cattle-16-ft-l-x-50-in-h

Thanks @ChicoryBlue, It is under the hardware cloth when it is a roof to support snow load, and it is on top of hardware cloth around the walls to deter brute force predators like big dogs.
It is what is called cattle panel (or hog panel) which you can cut with bolt cutters.
Here at TSC they are amazingly cheap - though I notice they have gone up more than $10 in the last couple of years!
The biggest issue is getting them home - they are 16’ long!

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/feedlot-panel-cattle-16-ft-l-x-50-in-h
The site doesn't have the width, looks like at least 50 inches wide, then 16 ft long? Is it 4'x16'?

Back
Top Bottom