You are correct. They have settled a lot. It seems that Phyllis is a full member of the tribe again. Between being allowed to roost in the coop and everyone supporting her hatching attempt. These are dramatic changes in her status.

Of course at some point in will be adding 3 more. I'm certain they will fire up again.
As I integrate my 3 Hooligans I am finding the pecking order remains the same and the new girls slot in at the bottom.
I locked them out of the hen house part of the Chicken Palace because I needed to do some work there to extend some brackets for the Hooligans roost (it was too near the wall) and it was harder to do than expected so they were not happy. They sat outside the door yelling at me (go out in the field and find grubs you silly chickens!).
When I eventually re-opened the chicken door they hilariously marched in with perfect spacing between them and exactly in the right pecking order. Military precision!
:lau
Then Bernadette messed it up by deciding the Hooligans were going to go out and play after all.

Last Night's Roosting was Successful

They figured it out but Lady Featherington and Glynda turned around for some strange reason. Gucci stayed as I placed her. Overall a success! I wonder how tonight will go.

View attachment 3175392
What about placing a board crisscrossed with the roost, like maybe 6 inches wide and sticking out only a few inches, so that Gucci can lay her head on it?

You are correct. They have settled a lot. It seems that Phyllis is a full member of the tribe again. Between being allowed to roost in the coop and everyone supporting her hatching attempt. These are dramatic changes in her status.

Of course at some point in will be adding 3 more. I'm certain they will fire up again.
Aren’t you going to try to see if they’ll take to the Cluckle Hut? I think that the three of them will be their own group much of the time, not at all the situation with Phyllis and Betty, combining one new and one in a group already.

Having monday off has scrambled my brain, i keep forgetting what day it is. Yesterday was cloudy with rain on and off, i think we are in for a generally cool damp summer. The corn and sunflowers seem happy ☺
20220704_111939~2.jpg

Miss brenna
20220704_092702~2.jpg

20220704_093144.jpg

A chicken pillow!
:love

Yes! A featherbed! Wouldn't it be cool if she could have a platform up there, like your Hooligans’ box on the brooder plate? In fact, a test run, or maybe the end product, could be a small stiff cut-down box. That would help keep some straw up there too.
A custom high-end featherbed for Gucci, how appropriate. Phyllis would be sooooo jealous!
🪶🪶🪶🪶🪶

Back
Top Bottom