Can I ask, friends, those of you that have premium membership, do you find that the site is a lot less laggy without ads? Looking at BYC on my iPad is very jerky and it’s doing my head in! I think it’s still jerky on my phone and also a PC, but I most lay use my iPad and I reckon it would be worth US$5.00 a month for it to be smoother! :barnie

Can I ask, friends, those of you that have premium membership, do you find that the site is a lot less laggy without ads? Looking at BYC on my iPad is very jerky and it’s doing my head in! I think it’s still jerky on my phone and also a PC, but I most lay use my iPad and I reckon it would be worth US$5.00 a month for it to be smoother! :barnie
I think getting rid of the ads makes a big difference.

Thank you! :hugs I printed it out, so that I will have the hard copy of it.

:hugs you are so welcome! I got a new to me recipe from mr robby today too, but it involves his own special seasoning blend which he gave me a little bit of. You should be able to order zatarain's crab boil online but thats the only thing from ththe first recipe you wouldnt find local.

I try... :oops:
One of the places my girls love, when they are allowed to go there [they fence hop into the neighbours so it's restricted access only :gig ] Is my big patch of shell ginger. They love it so much I am considering trying to establish a patch in their run. It's just getting it to the point they can't promptly grub it out.
Chickens are smart & need stimulation but one of the things I have found difficult in a small backyard run, is stopping them killing their entertainment! The ficus, which all the chickens adore, used to spread out low to the ground providing cover & shade & everyone used to squash in under there. However they like to eat the leaves so now the ficus is struggling to stay alive. :( My fence hoppers have killed one passionfruit off but the other is starting to spread over the coop roof where hopefully it will not only provide shade but entertainment when the fruit starts dangling. I'm going to try a choko @ the other end. They took out all my herbs ~ which I had hoped would grow big enough they could eat what grew through the wire but nope ~ they hop the fence just to clean them up:rolleyes: I am lucky to have some really big trees that the man is willing to build around just to keep my chickens happy.:lol:

Have you tried making raised and covered garden beds inside the run?

These are my 3 best "tyre gardens". I fill it with soil right up to the rim when planting grass, a bit less for herbs, and cover them in rigid 20mm galvanized mesh. It prevents them digging or pulling out the roots.

V This is mint, purple sage and basil. There is flat leaved parsley in there too but the girls love that and it gets pecked right back.
IMG20200119140250.jpg

V This is oregano, curly parsley and flat leaved parsley again. I think there is coriander and marjoram too but they are struggling.
IMG20200119140257.jpg

V mixed grasses
IMG20200119140310.jpg

Have you tried making raised and covered garden beds inside the run?

These are my 3 best "tyre gardens". I fill it with soil right up to the rim when planting grass, a bit less for herbs, and cover them in rigid 20mm galvanized mesh. It prevents them digging or pulling out the roots.

V This is mint, purple sage and basil. There is flat leaved parsley in there too but the girls love that and it gets pecked right back.
View attachment 2005879

V This is oregano, curly parsley and flat leaved parsley again. I think there is coriander and marjoram too but they are struggling.
View attachment 2005880

V mixed grasses
View attachment 2005882

I Love this! Maybe if they had their own garden which they couldnt completely destroy then i could have my own... hummm

Snowy Day Treats

I just got back in from visiting the ladies. I took their heated water dispenser back out and brought some treats to them. Another cabbage and some blueberries which I handed out individually. We sat and visited for a while. Maleficent roosted next to me for a while wanting to read over my shoulder. Aurora came out of the coop, had some cabbage and blueberries then went back in and in short order laid her egg for today.

It was a pleasant visit for all in the middle of a winter storm. :D

That sounds so homey and cosy Bob 🥰

Back
Top Bottom