Why did the chicken cross the road?

I find it interesting that my chickens like to cross the road in the shade of this tree.

View attachment 2032063

Of course, depending on the time of day, the shadow it casts is in a different spot on the road… Here it is right now…

View attachment 2032064

Most of the chickens were visiting across the easement at my neighbors house, and then crossed back over cautiously in the shadow of the tree to come home.

Except for Bridge. Bridge seemed to suddenly realize she was alone, and then called me. she doesn’t call as loudly as she used to, but here is me reacting to her call. Watch her behavior…

@Shadrach, what do you make of it?
I'll need to plug in another computer to have a listen. I'll check it out later.

Btw @micstrachan
You know those lovely pictures you post of your hens relaxing on your legs or lap and me saying it doesn't happen to me? Well, yesterday I was sitting on the roof of the duck house, it's low, and Fat Bird was up there on her own avoiding the unwanted attention for the cockerel Tyle and Tribe 3 who had wandered up there.
When Tyle arrived all full of himself Fat Bird jumped onto the roof and walked over and sat on my lap. This is the first time ever she's dome this. If I pick pick her up she'll stay on my lap but get on it by herself...no way.

Barking Bracket keeps losing one, or two.:rolleyes:

P2212573.JPG

Why did the chicken cross the road?

I find it interesting that my chickens like to cross the road in the shade of this tree.

View attachment 2032063

Of course, depending on the time of day, the shadow it casts is in a different spot on the road… Here it is right now…

View attachment 2032064

Most of the chickens were visiting across the easement at my neighbors house, and then crossed back over cautiously in the shadow of the tree to come home.

Except for Bridge. Bridge seemed to suddenly realize she was alone, and then called me. she doesn’t call as loudly as she used to, but here is me reacting to her call. Watch her behavior…

@Shadrach, what do you make of it?
BRs AND Wyandottes. You are very blessed. :)

That is some serious variation.

It is really bouncing around this winter. I've been lucky with no snow since I got the pullets. It actually snowed South of us yesterday but we managed to avoid it.

Fingers crossed that I can get these flocks integrated without any severe weather intervening and forcing things.

Btw @micstrachan
You know those lovely pictures you post of your hens relaxing on your legs or lap and me saying it doesn't happen to me? Well, yesterday I was sitting on the roof of the duck house, it's low, and Fat Bird was up there on her own avoiding the unwanted attention for the cockerel Tyle and Tribe 3 who had wandered up there.
When Tyle arrived all full of himself Fat Bird jumped onto the roof and walked over and sat on my lap. This is the first time ever she's dome this. If I pick pick her up she'll stay on my lap but get on it by herself...no way.

So sitting with you is better than dealing with Tyle. Another nugget about your place in her pecking order.
:love

Back
Top Bottom