At least we get to get away at our camp... check out the big camp.. zoom in and you’ll see their chicken coop! And that’s a closer image of it as well... dogs love the boat ride! Sorry for poor quality... took the with tablet off of phone...View attachment 2079238View attachment 2079239View attachment 2079240View attachment 2079241View attachment 2079242View attachment 2079243View attachment 2079244View attachment 2079245View attachment 2079246
That just looks wonderful. I'm sure you had a great day. I know the dogs did!

@BY Bob since Bob has turned out to be a girl Anna decides she needed a new name. She also wanted to change lightning's name.

So... I'd like to introduce Ella, aka Bob
20200407_164859.jpg

She has a LOT of white on her from her leghorn mom. She is also the most flighty.

Next we have Ellie, aka Lightning.
20200407_172144.jpg

She looks to be all barred rock.

BG is in rooster camp. He has been nasty to Thunder since he was sick and in the house. I've decided that I'm going to move him and Lacey into the smallest coop. Thunder and his flock will stay where they are.

I scored a free 10 foot by 10 foot by 6 foot tall chain link dog kennel for free!! It's going to need a little TLC, but will make a nice addition to my layer flock's run. The best part is now I'll have a place to sit a chill with my chickens!!!!

I braved the cold wind today to spend some time sitting with the chicks. The sun came out for a moment and they decided to snuggle a bit with their dear old dad. :woot

It's not the best picture because I had to shoot it blind from arm's length across my body, but there really are three chickens all squished up against me. It's good to know that at least somebody appears to like me.
:lau
Snuggle time

View attachment 2079356
I bet that is warm and lovely. :love

@BY Bob since Bob has turned out to be a girl Anna decides she needed a new name. She also wanted to change lightning's name.

View attachment 2079473
She has a LOT of white on her from her leghorn mom. She is also the most flighty.

View attachment 2079481

BG is in rooster camp. He has been nasty to Thunder since he was sick and in the house. I've decided that I'm going to move him and Lacey into the smallest coop. Thunder and his flock will stay where they are.

I scored a free 10 foot by 10 foot by 6 foot tall chain link dog kennel for free!! It's going to need a little TLC, but will make a nice addition to my layer flock's run. The best part is now I'll have a place to sit a chill with my chickens!!!!
That is awesome! The kennel will be great for hanging with the chooks. Just great news.

You could have called her Bobbie. :( she is adorable though. :love

View attachment 2079473

View attachment 2079481

That’s great! How do you get so lucky!?

I Need Another Nesting Box

I had another logjam today. Sansa and Aurora were laying and Hattie needed to as well. This is the nonsense that occurred.

@Ribh was right. The ironic thing is that the neighbor behind my house asked if we had gotten rid of the chickens on Sunday as he had not heard them in a long time! So much for that!:gig

It almost sounded quite sing-song! :love

I braved the cold wind today to spend some time sitting with the chicks. The sun came out for a moment and they decided to snuggle a bit with their dear old dad. :woot

It's not the best picture because I had to shoot it blind from arm's length across my body, but there really are three chickens all squished up against me. It's good to know that at least somebody appears to like me.
:lau
Snuggle time

View attachment 2079356

I’m so jealous of your cuddly chooks! :love

Back
Top Bottom