What are those?

Sulphur-crested cockatoos. A medium-sized white bird with a yellow crest. They can live for 30+ years and as they’re parrots, you can teach them to talk. They have a very noisy screech! The chickens were wary of them at first until they got used to them.

OMG, it was Tegan’s turn to disappear tonight! :he I realised I forgot to open the tractor door (which explains why Nyssa laid her egg in the henhouse) and I was busy in the studio and didn’t realise it had got dark. So out I go with the lantern, 2x2 chooks in each henhouse, no Tegan. Out comes hubby with the torch and we search the entire garden. He found her near the tractor, in the thick of some weeds. Where River looked for high ground (which wasn’t really), Tegan looked for cover near where she considers her bed. So glad we found her! Hubby had the bedtime cuddle tonight.

Last edited:
These threads can run away from you quickly! I use a reaction so I know where I’m up to (and I do really like the posts!) :D
I have found that if I go to the thread via the ‘watched threads’ menu, it automatically takes me to where I left off the last time.
that helps a lot!

More Pictures and Observations

It looks like Sydney's left eye is a little swollen, probably poked it on a stick in the brush pile. The neck on Sansa, very flexible.
View attachment 2077426

Hattie wants to know where her handful of corn is?
View attachment 2077427

Aurora came and sat on Mrs BY Bob's cushie chair to take 15 with me. :love There is something about the chairs under the tree. Her and Mal........
View attachment 2077428

Looking up at the blush sky from my chair under the tree. It has been so long since we had clear blue skies.
View attachment 2077429

How is Sydney’s eye going?

I’ve seen Tsuki the bully jump on Edwina’s back and give her a few good pecks on the back of the head a number of times. It’s like she’s saying “How dare you be bigger than me?! Take that! And that! And that!”
I think it’s reminder abuse too :idunno
It's "reminder" or "remind her" abuse.

Last edited:
OMG, it was Tegan’s turn to disappear tonight! :he I realised I forgot to open the tractor door (which explains why Nyssa laid her egg in the henhouse) and I was busy in the studio and didn’t realise it had got dark. So out I go with the lantern, 2x2 chooks in each henhouse, no Tegan. Out comes hubby with the torch and we search the entire garden. He found her near the tractor, in the thick of some weeds. Where River looked for high ground (which wasn’t really), Tegan looked for cover near where she considers her bed. So glad we found her! Hubby had the bedtime cuddle tonight.
So glad she was safe. These types of moments are so stressful.

Injury Updates

Sydney

As I wrote above responding to @LozzyR above. Sydney's eye is still a little swollen but it looked a little better yesterday. I caught this picture of her hanging out on the ground with me yesterday. That is her swollen eye in the sunlight.
20200407_091116.jpg

Lilly
My other injured lady, Lilly, is all better. She is back to darting around the yard. Squirrels and ducks beware! She does still have issues with her hips tilting enough to allow her to poo freely without messing herself. I'm pretty sure it is arthritis. We need to have another bath and trim. Hopefully we can get enough feathers to clear a path this time.

Here's Lilly (and Sansa) with her legs crossed. If it was hurting her, I can't imagine she could do that!
20200408_081704.jpg

Back
Top Bottom