I feel like maybe the union at the Chicken Palace has been in contact with the chickens that live with @Shadrach. There is no way chickens should be letting it get that overgrown - they are clearly on a work-to-rule!
Is this the new union I have been hearing so much about? I think its the IFLC or International Federation of Labouring Chickens?

Your girls eat rather delicately compared to my little savages!
Indeed - I have made that observation in the past and tried showing video of @BY Bob 's hens to my Princesses in an attempt to teach them some table manners. They just pecked at my phone so I gave up. Mine are pigs. There is no kinder way to put it.

Is this the new union I have been hearing so much about? I think its the IFLC or International Federation of Labouring Chickens?
Yes. The New Jersey chapter is based in the Chicken Palace. Today's demand is that I wake up earlier because I am late letting them out of the coop. This morning there was so much shouting I pondered donning riot gear before entering.

Broody, 20 days left

I figure I will include the countdown with each broody post. Just keep everyone up to date. 😉

I felt like I was in a spy movie today. When Sydney left the nest for her daily eating and bathing session, I snuck into the coop.

I quickly marked the eggs without touching them.
20200528_091826.jpg

20200528_091844.jpg

I then entered the coop and installed broody cam. Here is Sydney returning to the nest after her break. If you zoom in you can see her adjusting the eggs as she settles in. It is very cute to see her wiggling around as she gets them into place.

Broody, 20 days left

I figure I will include the countdown with each broody post. Just keep everyone up to date. 😉

I felt like I was in a spy movie today. When Sydney left the nest for her daily eating and bathing session, I snuck into the coop.

View attachment 2164260
View attachment 2164262

I then entered the coop and installed broody cam. Here is Sydney returning to the nest after her break. If you zoom in you can see her adjusting the eggs as she settles in. It is very cute to see her wiggling around as she gets them into place.

YAY!!! Sydney is doing a great job!!

Broody, 20 days left

View attachment 2164260
View attachment 2164262

Awwwwww, I almost with I would’ve gotten eggs instead of chicks!

Back
Top Bottom