This is me just spitballing here but how about a salt water bath? The salt water should kill the maggots. They are fairly fragile. The water would get all around the featers for you. It should at least help.
y
Ah, come on.. I'm not ignorant my friend. done that twice already. gonna do it again soon. but I know Jaffar is hurting, pretty bad

Maybe next time I will do ducks. I do own a lake.
successlake.JPG

Egg Rolling

@Shadrach I did an egg Rolling observation for you. I hope you find this helpful. I do have video of my observations in a series of 20 to 30 minute clips. Here is what I found about how frequently Sydney rolls the eggs.

I observed her for 4 hours. Over that time period i observed her rolling the eggs 18 different times so she averaged a repositioning of the eggs every 15 minutes. This was done during the afternoon of a day where the high temperature was 75° F (23.8° C).

Here she is rolling the eggs.

Other Observations

Sydney is not just sitting there all day doing nothing. While there are periods of stillness, she is actually quit active with her neck. She grooms herself quite a bit.

Nest building continues unabated. She does a lot of nest adjusting by just moving straw about.

She gets extremely protective of the nest when others enter the coop and come near her. The below is a video clip of her reacting as Aurora leaves the nest box having laid her egg for the day. Watch her get low and flare her tail.

To the Storm Celler!

We had a series of thunderstorms today and one that was pparticularly vicious. The winds were clocked at 70 mph (112 kph). 🌬⛈ Here is a video of some of the storm.

The ladies all huddled under their house to be safe,.
View attachment 2175525

Once it looked like the worst was over, then sent Aurora out to check and make sure.

View attachment 2175526

She eventually came to the house to be certain everything was good.

View attachment 2175531

Once everyone saw her at the house, they all spilled out from under the house.
Everyone safe and sound.
Not out having a bit of a swim in the pool then Bob. :p

Back
Top Bottom