Let's not forget BLU... (A little defensive today)View attachment 2385881
Hi Blu.....
20200911_081709.jpg

It is DONE!!

Rich and I finally got the chicken run finished. It is now completely covered in netting and 100% secure.

View attachment 2385932

This has doubled the size their run. I used the orange construction fence, kindly donated by @BY Bob, so that when I open my living room window, on the left side, I can now drop snacks directly into the run for them!!

View attachment 2385938

This is the front of the run. My basement door is the brown door on the right. When the temps drop and stay down, I'm going to wrap the green fencing in plastic to keep the wind out, it does face North.

Tomorrow morning I'll know if it worked, as i should no longer be greeted by Ned and Vicki. That is a bit bittersweet. I really enjoy having Ned wondering about, but it is against the books rules and it's better that he stays with the flock.
I'm very glad you got it done. That is a lot of room for them all and safe. It will be interesting to see if Ned and Vicki continue to hang out now.

I understand how nice it is to have them great you at the door but this is better for them. Nice and safe now. Tell Rich, great job!

It is DONE!!

Rich and I finally got the chicken run finished. It is now completely covered in netting and 100% secure.

View attachment 2385932

This has doubled the size their run. I used the orange construction fence, kindly donated by @BY Bob, so that when I open my living room window, on the left side, I can now drop snacks directly into the run for them!!

View attachment 2385938

This is the front of the run. My basement door is the brown door on the right. When the temps drop and stay down, I'm going to wrap the green fencing in plastic to keep the wind out, it does face North.

Tomorrow morning I'll know if it worked, as i should no longer be greeted by Ned and Vicki. That is a bit bittersweet. I really enjoy having Ned wondering about, but it is against the books rules and it's better that he stays with the flock.
WOOHOO! Well done. You and your flock must be so pleased!

I think my girls have a decent sized complex… Nothing like the chicken palace or like having free range all day. The main coop is a little over 5 x 5, the upper level is a little over 5 x 3, and the wired in area is also a little over 5 x 3. (so closed-in coop is about 55 sq ft total. Not awesome, but not terrible. They pretty much only sleep and lay in there. The first main run is about 16 x 10, and the additional run is about 8 x 12-ish. Thankfully, they are out in the run most of the time. They only hang out in the coop if we have a significant storm, which is rare. On years that we got a lot of rain and wind, I put plastic sheeting around a couple sides of the run so they want to be out more. The set up might be pushing it now that I’ve added three more… So I have a total of 13. I have built a bit of a jungle gym in the run, which I can stand in, but they don’t really use it. I am hoping once I integrate them fully, the babies will use it so they can get out of reach of the big girls. The one and a half year old to use in a bit.
That is plenty of room for them when you count the bigger runs. Sounds like a pretty good set up to me. Since I shared my layout, I'd be interested to see it drawn out.

Back
Top Bottom