featherhead007

Enabler
Feb 2, 2017
San Joaquin Valley CA.
I recognize Rox-Anne. Who is the EE? Or is she aucana?
Me and that bird go back to the beginning. She was my first day old chick. (Sold to me as an Americana) I knew "literally" nothing about chickens before her. I named her Canna Canna. and bought her, because she showed interest in me. She has given me beautiful blue eggs for four years. (And hatched me 3 pullets and four cockerels in the past. (very cute) BLU's brother was the father RIP BLU #1
Here's mamma Canna. MAMMACANNA.JPG

featherhead007

Enabler
Feb 2, 2017
San Joaquin Valley CA.
She’s a pretty girl! Margo’s comb flopped more sometimes than others, too. And Roxy, who is a single-combed Wyandotte, has always had a pretty floppy comb, even though it is not nearly as big as Margo’s. Rusty’s comb was only floppy when she was ill; I thought it might be from dehydration.
Sometimes, they just flop!:confused:

micstrachan

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2016
Santa Cruz Mountains, California
Me and that bird go back to the beginning. She was my first day old chick. (Sold to me as an Americana) I knew "literally" nothing about chickens before her. I named her Canna Canna. and bought her, because she showed interest in me. She has given me beautiful blue eggs for four years. (And hatched me 3 pullets and four cockerels in the past. (very cute) BLU's brother was the father RIP BLU #1
Here's mamma Canna. View attachment 2386204
Aw! What a special girl! Oh, and I had a typo in my post; I meant Araucana, but was wrong, anyway.

LozzyR

First of her name, mother of chickens.
Premium Feather Member
Mar 30, 2019
NSW, Australia
I need some help please; Tegan’s right eye is half-closed and a bit swollen looking. I looked on the ER threads and they mentioned Mareks, Coccidiosis, MG and poor ventilation. I’ve only just noticed it and of course it’s raining today. I can bathe it with some warm saline solution tonight and check for bubbles. I’ve attached a photo, any advice would be gratefully received.

1E58E644-6C0B-40EF-A5DD-77C0795ABC98.jpeg

Top Bottom