The girls' "breakfast bar" varies from about chest height to ankle height so I don't think that is what causes the problem. I think it may just be greed and gobbling down too much at once.

Here is the "breakfast bar" with chickens for scale.
View attachment 2432335

Plus a belated Mugshot Monday pic for ByBob
View attachment 2432336

Edit. P.S. You can see that Tsuki doesn't have those lovely dark eyes...
🙁😣😖😫
I don't know. Tsuki has eyes that draw me in for some reason. 🥰 :confused: she is sparkling white in these photos. 🥰

This morning’s carry-on

I didn’t get anything done for about 20 minutes this morning; I was in and out of the house like a yo-yo!

Three nesting-boxes, one favourite. At least your girls will share, @Ribh! :rolleyes:

I have that same problem. I built a third one this summer and it still goes on. :barnie

Last night was a busy but ultimately unrewarding battle in the epic war between RC and the Rodents.
The scores at the end of the night were RC 1 : Rodents 1 : Cats 1
The cats made an unexpected last minute entry by getting a mouse inside the house, and the Rodents scored with a mouse that partied on the breakfast bar and avoided all traps even though his/her brother/sister was tempted by the peanut butter with scratch-grain garnish and delivered RC her only success of the night.
Maggie renewed her interest in fresh mouse steak.

This morning’s carry-on

I didn’t get anything done for about 20 minutes this morning; I was in and out of the house like a yo-yo!

Three nesting-boxes, one favourite. At least your girls will share, @Ribh! :rolleyes:

She’s kinda loud. (She sure is vocal about something) :confused:

I had to go see what Jaffar was up to just now. (Crowing his Cochin head off) He stopped, and jumped off his designated perch, onto my lap for some warm snuggling.(He likes to peck at my glasses too) BLU was already out in the run, but the girls had not left their perches yet. I just held Jaffar a while, (Until Rocks-Anne sent me down a morning greeting) yuck. right on my jacket.:sick Too much FYI? Sorry.
The girls perch in the rafters of the barn/coop 8ft up.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom