Ribh, if it is fowl pox, you'll soon know it. That has been making its way through our girls slowly, and I think it is finally through. All were affected but a couple of them.

The lesions did begin as tiny black specks on some of the girls' combs, but they got much bigger and more noticeable as they erupted. So if that's what it is, you'll soon know.

Still, in every case I had, none of their combs were that affected. By that I mean I saw no combs with that many spots. So hopefully it's just something else that will wash away, as has been said.

It does look a bit different I think than ours did? FWIW.

The corn pad didn't stay on long. I didn't think it would.
I bought and length of pipe insulation, cut a section off and taped that to the underside of his foot. I will get some pictures eventually. I'ts difficult to hold hin and his foot in the right position and take pictures.
To operate she would need to either knock Cillin out or filll his foot with aneasthetic. I know people on here have done it without. Imagine how painful that must be for the chicken.:mad:
Then there is getting the hole properly cleaned out and kept clean while the wound heals.
Aneashetics are dangerous for chickens, even local and keeping the foot clean does in general mean keeping the chicken isolated. Chickens do not do well isolated. They tend to either reduce food intake, get more stressed, develop crop problems especially for a long term isolation.
I'm going with my vets advice and not the internet experts.
I think you are headed down the right path. Perhaps we can establish a new best practice based on your experience.

The corn pad didn't stay on long. I didn't think it would.
I bought and length of pipe insulation, cut a section off and taped that to the underside of his foot. I will get some pictures eventually. I'ts difficult to hold hin and his foot in the right position and take pictures.
To operate she would need to either knock Cillin out or filll his foot with aneasthetic. I know people on here have done it without. Imagine how painful that must be for the chicken.:mad:
Then there is getting the hole properly cleaned out and kept clean while the wound heals.
Aneashetics are dangerous for chickens, even local and keeping the foot clean does in general mean keeping the chicken isolated. Chickens do not do well isolated. They tend to either reduce food intake, get more stressed, develop crop problems especially for a long term isolation.
I'm going with my vets advice and not the internet experts.
Here are the shoes as an example in case this helps.
http://www.hensaver.com/Birdy-Bootie.html
Screenshot_20210116-090430_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom