“Hey Hazel, oh Hazel, I have some meally worms (And I’ll share with you)” 🌹 View attachment 2494736
Wow look at that laser gaze! That's Jaffar, right? Well, well, has Hazel met her match? Definitely as far as looks that will stop you in your tracks. I will show this to her tomorrow, she is sleeping now. She loves mealy worms. But be warned, she is a sewing-machine-style mealy worm eater, she doesn't really share, she's quite single-minded in that department.

Wild animal = bugs
Well I’m not awfully surprised... I’ve honestly been looking for bugs since I brought her in. Nope, no ticks, not spotting any fleas. Today was the first time I’ve spotted anything. Considering the average life cycles of these types of parasites and that I estimate her age at just approaching two weeks, it stands to reason. Often the nits are easier to spot than the actual lice. I am really hoping they are species specific. I just can’t do head lice again. My hair is finally starting to grow back...

Well I’m not awfully surprised... I’ve honestly been looking for bugs since I brought her in. Nope, no ticks, not spotting any fleas. Today was the first time I’ve spotted anything. Considering the average life cycles of these types of parasites and that I estimate her age at just approaching two weeks, it stands to reason. Often the nits are easier to spot than the actual lice. I am really hoping they are species specific. I just can’t do head lice again. My hair is finally starting to grow back...
I hope so too. You looked very smart in the last photo with the baby goat. I would hope you could keep your hair. You surely have a project on your hands here. We are rooting for you.

Hi, friends. Sorry I have been absent. Work has been insane, and as you know, I’ve been helping out a hen in trouble. Plus, I decided to try to give Ribh’s thread a little love when I could. MJ, you are next!

I was unable to keep up this week, and I am finding that my usual method of liking every post so I can keep track of where I am just takes too much time. I will try to catch up, but I’m not gonna be able to like every post. And as you know, I tend to put a whole bunch of comments all at once, which makes it hard for others to catch up!

Here is a little video taken RIGHT NOW. I got distracted by Flo and cut off my sentence about Ruby. I meant to say she is on borrowed time. Riding these hormone implants out as long as they help. Two girls (Lucky & Buttercup) seem to not be feeling great. I doubt it’s a coincidence that they are two of my fatties (along with Ruby!) That’s why I’m calling them out in the video.

You all know that my little Ester had trouble with her molt and I had to bring her inside for heat and tubing for two weeks. Well, I am happy to say she is fully recovered. Look at her go!!

I love seeing people’s videos of chickens and random stuff; I feel I am right there with you. :love

Yes, she’s a Speckled Sussex. :)
She’s beautiful 🥰
It might have been you that asked about my Belle (who I was told was a SS but might be a jubilee orp instead). She has the same colourings but not half the spots on her back as your Mill does.
I have a light Sussex, Snow, too, (both about 12 weeks) now after reading all the posts in this thread about broodiness has me thinking about getting a carrier or something just incase 😅
I only have had ISA’s before and only 1 went broody (a surprise to me!) for 2 days but lifting her off the nest and not letting her back on until nighttime seemed to fix her (although she clucked constantly those 2 days in a very shirty way) Not too stubborn though going off stories on here!

Say Goodbye to Easy Worms

Today was the final day for them to have access to the garden. They took good advantage to the final visit.
View attachment 2169221

I am relatively sure that we are done with snow for the year, :fl So the garden is finally planted.
View attachment 2169227

No more chicken access. 🐔 😞
Absolutely love the fence you use to keep them out! My little ones just discovered I have strawberries growing (and tomatoes) 🙄 put the old playpen fence across the path to keep them out. Now to hope they don’t realise they can fly over if they were brave enough to try 😂

Back
Top Bottom