The drawing ointment softened things up overnight, and I’m starting to think that the “swelling” may be a large solid pus lump?View attachment 2502647View attachment 2502648View attachment 2503102
There is still some heat to the area as well. I might just end up lancing it if it continues looking like this. I will probably need to slice it open, which I really, really want to avoid doing. If I go that route I will give him some of the metacam beforehand, and hope that eases the procedure. I’ve been applying the drawing ointment in a thin film over the entire skin area and I could feel a little movement/mass under the skin today. We got about 5 minutes of soaking in before Roostie soaked my living room... foot baths will need to be an outside activityView attachment 2502916View attachment 2503116
What ointment are you using Kris?

Shad, once you work out the proper padding, could you sew some sort of little shoe/boot from denim or canvas using needle and thread? I’m not sure how you’d secure it. Leather string?
I doubt my sewing skills are up to that. I'm strictly buttons and patches these days.

Almost no snow here. This is going to be a full on ice storm for us. Ice through 3 pm. These are the worst
We got a dusting of snow not more and then some ice to lay on top of it and now it has all stopped and there is a nasty cold wind.
I like the pretty version of winter not the miserable version. This is the miserable version.

Tack is sitting. Not for long though.
P1260155.JPG

Back
Top Bottom