While cheetos (or cheese crunchies, as I call all brands) are tasty, they are hardly a meal. Mac and cheese still requires ingredients and while minimal time at the stove. In our case even more troublesome as we are gluten free so usually have to make our own from scratch. We did end up eating pasta last night though :)
We have decided the closest thing to human kibble is cold cereal.

What a gloriously beautiful day! Too bad I was inside working for 90% of it, but I enjoyed what I could :) It was almost 60° and not a cloud to be seen! I came home and only changed my shoes before heading out to the yard. Ended up digging up grass for half an hour with my ladies clucking around me, still in dress slacks 🤷‍♀️
🌱🌼
Spring is definitely here there are lawn daisies!

We started building our coop. We finished the floor today.
IMG_20210228_213112281.jpg

While cheetos (or cheese crunchies, as I call all brands) are tasty, they are hardly a meal. Mac and cheese still requires ingredients and while minimal time at the stove. In our case even more troublesome as we are gluten free so usually have to make our own from scratch. We did end up eating pasta last night though :)
We have decided the closest thing to human kibble is cold cereal.
How bout dipping them in ketchup, that’s a vegetable isn’t it? :drool:lau

Kindred Spirits

We have had serious melt the last two days and beautiful skies with lots of sunshine. This morning was so nice that I went out and had coffee this morning with the flock as I sat in my chair under the magnolia tree. Of course we had a corn feeding frenzy. Why not?! We are celebrating the arrival of Spring.

Sansa Update
As you can see, Sansa was eating from my hand. She seems to be back to her own self.
View attachment 2546140

So this got me thinking that maybe the confinement itself was driving her behavior. I never really checked to see if Wyandottes bear confinement well. So I went out and started checking. Here is a quick summary of what I found.

Suitability to Backyard Life:​

Cold Hardiness: Hardy in winter
Heat Tolerance: Not especially heat hardy
Bears Confinement: Bears confinement well
Especially Docile: Yes
Setter/Broody: Yes
Personality: Generally easygoing with a tendency toward domination

Now I know these are general characteristics that I rail against because each chicken is an individual. I think that Sansa again proves these wrong.

So supposedly they bear confinement well. I do not believe that Sansa is normal in that way. I think her and I are kindred spirits in that we need to be "out". I really believe that she was upset by all of the time she was locked into the complex.

She is herself today. Even to the point of asking me for her secret walnuts. She certainly was not running from me but rather towards me. She even squatted for me. I really have not done that much to "win" back her affection. It has to be all the time that she was confined. I am wearing the same clothes as always, no lime green coat.

"Hey, where are my walnuts?"
View attachment 2546230
This is great news, Bob! I bet it’s a combination of confinement ending along with the return of her hormones. Yippee!

This is a good suggestion. I am not certain what kinds of predators she has where she lives but there could be something hidden.
We have pretty much everything except weasels and bears. My neighbor has been seeing a fox a lot lately, so that’s my best guess.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom