Half Sit Cat

someone posted somewhere ( I can't find it now) about their cat only placing their front paws on their leg and half sitting. I said my Isabel does the same. Here she is tonight.
View attachment 2554110

Chicken tax
View attachment 2554113

That was me. It's so cute how they do that! Mishka was a very neglected kitty when we rescued her; on her first day with us, I gave her some cat food which I think cemented our relationship, and she didn't want to come out of the front room, which at the time had a futon couch in it. So I went in there with a book and sat with her, she sat next to me with her paws on my leg, purring up a storm!

Well, I have a visitor temporarily. While my daughter was riding Russ this evening I was alerted to a white chicken in the creek. Ok, I do not have a white chicken. Go inspect and sure enough, on the rocks is a white chicken, that at first I thought was dead. Upon closer inspection not dead, just very tired, didn't fight me when I picked it up. It's got some injury to its tail as it appears feathers have been ripped out but trying to inspect that I was clearly stressing it out. So I did what any reasonable chicken crazy person would do, stuffed it in my spare dog crate with food and water. I couldn't leave it, in its state it would be eaten by morning, but I do not want it out with my flock. I took a few pictures to share on facebook so hopefully it's owner can be found as it cannot stay. I'm thinking maybe its a rooster.
View attachment 2552626
View attachment 2552628
Good for you Rebecca. I hope his family claim him soon. Will you be putting any photo posters up for him?

It’s a very quiet night EXCEPT, I heard a strange, sound in the barn/coop. Jaffar is sneezing and coughing. (Jaffar my emotional support rooster) :barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:hit He seems to be having problems breathing. He’s inside with me now. Wish my beautiful friend roo, luck.:idunno

Note, Jaffar is going to be fine. Vet said he had a beak full of mud stuck in his nostrils and his throat was red from weed irritation. He seems good now. Even crowing. False alarm I guess, but better safe than sorry :confused: I need to get back home to see my littles
That's such a relief Alex. I'm so glad it was an easy fix.
That must have been very stressful for you. :hugs:hugs

Positive update on my overnight guest. While no one came fourth to claim him my neighbor about a mile from me who also has chickens volunteered to take him. She is better set up to isolate him as none of her chickens free range and has a isolation coop already built. We looked him over closely today and something for sure got ahold of him to rip out his tail feathers and he has a open wound on his tail bone. All I had on hand was vetrocyn which I sprayed on it. She's taking him to the vet tomorrow to get it properly checked and some antibiotic if needed. If a owner is found she'll turn him over, if not he's a new permanent resident of her flock. He looked much better this morning after a good nights rest and food and water, his comb color was much improved and he really wanted out of the cage to mingle with my chickens, I just couldn't take the risk.
What great news! :thumbsup
Thank you for sharing RB.

I had a big day yesterday. 3 separate social calls adding up to about 4.5 hours of driving. :th 😴

I spoke to my Dad. He used to sit by the radio after dinner and embroider the table clothes and doilies to give to my Mum to encourage her to go out with him. Rather like a bower bird trying to impress the ladies come to think of it.🤔
He says that he bought the fabric with the designs printed on them and he would fill them in with embroidery.
His Mum, my Nana, would then crochet the lace for the border. She must have liked my Mum too. ☺️
One of the tablecloth + doily sets took him over twelve months. Now that's dedication!

Alice laid another egg today. I have put them both on another, much larger, doily to show off.
IMG20210304180937.jpg

I had a big day yesterday. 3 separate social calls adding up to about 4.5 hours of driving. :th 😴

I spoke to my Dad. He used to sit by the radio after dinner and embroider the table clothes and doilies to give to my Mum to encourage her to go out with him. Rather like a bower bird trying to impress the ladies come to think of it.🤔
He says that he bought the fabric with the designs printed on them and he would fill them in with embroidery.
His Mum, my Nana, would then crochet the lace for the border. She must have liked my Mum too. ☺️
One of the tablecloth + doily sets took him over twelve months. Now that's dedication!

Alice laid another egg today. I have put them both on another, much larger, doily to show off.
View attachment 2554382
That is real talent! They are beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom